First date: a guy asked about readiness for marriage. What should I do?

I will need guys' opinions please. I just went on a first date with a guy. I'm very happy with him. He is attractive and has a good career. He seemed to be quite interested. He asked where I would see myself in one or two years, whether I want to get married and have kids. He is 34 and said he want to settle down. I'm a bit surprised that he said this on the first date. He is only 34 not that old. I'm thinking whether he just wants to test me or really meant what he said. Isn't it usually the case that guys are afraid of talking about marriage early in the relationship? This is only the first date. I did say yes to that question. Can someone give me some insight as to why he acts like this?

Thanks guy!
He's totally my type. It seemed too good to be true. I would be very happy if it ends up working out! I didn't expect this to happen on the first date. I wouldn't want to pressure him. I want it to come out naturally.

Most Helpful Guy

• Really odd, but he's not in high school anymore! He might have a really big image for the future, and like other peoe said he's screening you to see your initial reaction. I tell my friends all the time: you want the truth out of a girl, ask her randomly and watch her body language. Obviously your not lay down and start cooking baby's but if all were to go we'll in the future he wants to see if that's what you want too. You be surprised what you can tell from some one on a initial reaction. One of the best examples is a mother and her child, she endures months of pain and hours of intense pain but what does every mother do when there baby is born: smile. Anyways, don't think it over too hard he just wants to start making a ground plans. Not every guy who wants to marry you and have kids is freaky in fact he probably only brought that up because he thought the connection was strong enough

Be well!

What Guys Said 5

• honestly it could just be him. it may not seem normal but people are different and maybe he has a different perspective on life.

• Talking about marriage at the first date? Sounds desperate.

• He said he wants to settle down. That means he's screening dates to see where they are. If they aren't ready for marriage, then he can bounce after the first date and not invest a lot of time.

• Hope it goes well for you, and it isn't odd, some guys are more mature than others, and have thought out what they want in life. Grab him if the chemistry is ok after a year. :-)

• That's really off but he wants to make sure that you both want the same things and that this relationship is worth pursuing

What Girls Said 0