Could you date a not so talkative guy?

I'm not really that talkative and its made me insecure. I'm not shy so therefor I'm not talkative.. I'm just not talkative.. My mind can't go on and on about random stuff, I mainly talk about serious things so small talk just isn't for me.

But I've became so insure its made gave me Anxiety & awkwardness. I can't for the life of me, meet a girl because I don't know what to talk about.

So tell me, how forever alone I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not forever alone. I know you're not going to be forever alone, because there are girls like that as well, including me. I know exactly how you feel. I'm not so talkative either. I don't have really any girls friends because of this. I don't really feel the need or want to call one of them up and gossip about random stuff that I don't really care about. I'm ok with guys, but still haven't really found that one that understands me. I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety too. I get so nervous when it comes to certain social situations. I know my answer isn't really any help, but I just wanted to let you know that it's not only guys that have this problem but girls too. And that there's still hope that you will find a girl like you and that you two will understand how each other think and be very happy with each other :)

• Thank you for understanding, I was expecting people to ramble about how I should just say what I was thinking... I don't think about things that are interesting to other people, only myself. I do know one girl like me but she prefers the social butterfly's because she doesn't want another quiet person to be around.

• Aww I know we girls can be fickle. But please don't give up :(

• Thanks. :)

What Girls Said 3

• My SO is not a very talkative guy either. It's fine, I can do all the talking :D

You must be a good listener then. It's okay if you don't know what to talk about. Just listen to something she tells you and likely you will be compelled to say something :)

• I dated a guy that did not talk much and it bothered me not because I like to talk but because lack of communication can kill any relationship. I tried to initiate conversations he would not respond sometimes it was so bad we would literally be right next to each other and he would rather text his feelings then talk and I though it was childish we were together for a while and I was hoping he would open up but he did not. My advice to you is to at least try to talk ask general questions you can even let her talk first and just join in. If a girl initiates conversations don't remain silent say something. When 2 shy people get together they tend to be very talkative so if you find someone like you, then both of you can really learn to grow and have open-communication with each other.

• I talk tons, so a not-so-talkative man is very compatible with me. :3

What Guys Said 0