How long should I wait to tell my boyfriend I have a child?

How long should I wait to tell my boyfriend. I have a child?

I'm not currently in a relationship. I just want to know what I should do beforehand.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to tell him from DAY ONE ! Many guys can't accept someone else's
    kid. I wasn't very good at it. However, some can. They are the exception but some can.
    If you don't tell him, he might lose trust and walk away from you. And you couldn't blame him.
    I did that very thing. I dated a girl 3-4 times, I was 23-24 somewhere in there. One day I see her
    in the grocery store, and she says hello, this is my son. I said " I didn't know you had a kid". She
    answered sheepishly, "Yeah, I was going to tell you, but... I was afraid you wouldn't want me". She
    was right, I didn't. If someone hides something that big and important, how can you ever trust them?
    You can't. I said, "I wish you had told me about your kid, her name was Samantha, I told her I wasn't interested in someone with kids and have a nice life. She married a big coke dealer. He would get ripped on coke and beat her. She lost her kid, job, everything. The coke dealer was shot in a bust and killed.
    Please tell a guy if this comes up. He will resent you and consider you an enemy if you don't.

What Guys Said 8

• The longer you wait, the bigger the problem becomes. And if you wait too long, and he notices that you actually do have a child, without you telling him, that would truly complicate things a lot more than when you tell him right away.

In my opinion you will actually have to tell him right away. A kid isn't something to be hidden from the one you love, especially not when it's yours.

Of course there is no telling he would reply. He could be angry, sad or happy, if you don't tell him soon, it would only cause more problems.

• i´d want that immediately xD as early as possible.

• ASAP. That's kinda vital information.

• I'd want someone to tell me when I first meet them

• like early nto the relationship i guess, or when you feel comfortable

• He should really know from the beginning.

• Till you feel that you can tell him

• Probably should have told him when you met him

• I'm not in a relationship. I'm just asking beforehand.

• Then if you do, tell him right away... think he deserves to know, even if you're "just a friend" to him

What Girls Said 3

• That would've been something I would've told him up front. Are you ashamed? Why keep something like that away from someone? Do you think holding off telling him would make him stay? I mean common now. Either he was going to accept it or not in the beginning. If not, move on, he wasn't the right fit anyways.

• I'm not currently in a relationship. I'm asking now so I know what to do.

• Well definitely bring that up in the beginning so there won't be any misunderstandings.

• You should tell him immediately if you don't it could cause a massive argument. He may also feel deceived and less willing to accept it than if you tell him straight away.

• Long before it is serious enough to call him your boyfriend