Is it okay to date her?

I'm a sophomore dating an 8th grader. Is it weird to do this? And don't give me that "age is just a number" crap

Most Helpful Girl

• It really isn't. However, other people may have different opinions. Your friends may be grossed out by it, but just remember, SHE isn't, otherwise she wouldn't be dating you right?

If it makes you feel better, I am seventeen and I like a guy who is twenty- five...

I also know of some forty- something man dating an 18- year- old girl... now THAT is creepy in my opinion, but my point is that it happens.

Then there is my mom's friend who is married to a guy that is twenty years older than her and that bachelor guy on the Friends With Benefits TV series that sleeps with that middle- aged lady.

So a two year age gap? Yeah, not that big a deal. Some freshmen date seniors.

What Girls Said 5

• As long as you guys like each other I don't think it's a big deal. The only reason people react differently is because you guys are probably not in the same school. A two/three year age gap does not matter.

• I am currently a junior dating a collage freshman. We started dating when i was a sophomore and he was a senior. It isn't BAD that you are dating someone about 2 years younger. It is difficult to date someone who isn't in the same school. There has to be trust in the relationship or you will be paranoid as hell that she might cheat on you or something along those lines. There is nothing wrong with that. Best of luck in your relationship!

• I think its weird right now. If only you two were in the same school or if you were a freshman. It won't be when she is freshman tho. It also would not be weird if you two were a year or less apart in age. Like if she failed a grade or you skipped one.

• I'm 15 and I wouldn't think its weird honestly. My friend is dating a 17 year old and one of my of my other friends dated an 18 year old this year too. Its only a two year difference and as you both get older its a lot more common, my dad is 4 years older than my mom actually

• I Use To Date A Sophomore When I Was In 8th Grade Also. We Broke Up About 5 Months Ago Bc My Mother Didn't Like Him & Didn't Approve. I Think As Long As You Love Her & She Loves You Everything Will Be Fine.

What Guys Said 3

• A sophomore, so you're only two or three years older? Not that big a deal. Although, you should check the age of consent in your state/country before having sex. If you're above it and she's below it you could get into serious legal trouble.

Also, people might give you dirty looks for dating a girl in a previous school "type" than you (middle vs. high school), but that shouldn't really influence your decision. Just think about why you want her and why she wants you, and make sure that's all on the up and up, and then do what makes you feel right.

• Age is just a number. People are what matter...

Until you start having sex. Then you're going to be a sexual predator, behind bars, and branded for the rest of your life.

Be careful dude. The law sometimes sucks.

Also, make sure you're doing it for the person, and not just because she's chasing you (look, I've got a mature older BF), because she's pristine/unsullied, or other reasons.

• Yes that is very very weird. The rule in high school is two years difference, no more. When you're ready to get married then you can try younger.