Are men hard wired to cheat?

Kinda hate my ex :/ but still have feeling for him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe they are, and intelligent men are even less likely to cheat. Atheist men, on average, are slightly less likely to ever cheat than religious men. That's only because atheist men , on average, are slightly more intelligent than religious men. Men in certain occupations are more likely to cheat too. Do an internet search to find out those most likely.

Nearly 50% of men will cheat at least once during a marriage. You should also remember that 50% of wives will begin turning off the sex at 4 years into a marriage, and 20% of marriages are sexless (sex happens less than 10 times per year). 1% of marriages in the USA have never even been consummated (never any sex). A man won't live without sex forever, if his wife is constantly rejecting any physical affection.

Men who cheat in marriage, usually begin to do it after the 10 year mark.
    Women who cheat in marriage usually begin to do it after the 5 year mark, and they cheat more often than the men who cheat. They say only about 2/3 as many women as men will actually cheat, but they may just conceal it better.

• Why I can't vote this up 100 times? Bravo

• Sexless marriage? Sounds awful! :(

But you're spot on. Most men cheat in marriage because either their wife doesn't put in the effort to "maintain her looks", or because she isn't willing to make sure her guy is sexually satisfied in the marriage.

What Guys Said 13

• Both men and women are though who they cheat with is a little different.

In spite of this huge numbers of people don't cheat. For the majority though that is an active choice based on their brain overriding their instincts, not some magic because they are in love.

• In the United Stated women cheat as much as men, in fact some studies have shown women are actually more likely to cheat. In the end cheating is a result of a person's morality, not their sex.

• In my 23 years of life I've been in several relationships. Some serious some not so. And not once have I ever cheated. Have I been tempted? Of course but if you truly like/love someone it's easy to stay faithful. If I ever really considered cheating I made sure I didn't wanna be with the girl I was with before I moved on to someone else

• I don't think so. Certainly not any more than women are. Neither gender has a monopoly on virtue. Cheating is about integrity (or the lack of it).

• Men are women are equally hard wired to "cheat"... because monogamy (having only one sexual partner for an extended period of time while abstaining from all other sexual opportunities)

is not a natural, primal instinct.

• No, it's just that women are usually attracted to men who are more likely to cheat. A lot of women are into men who already have several women interested in them.

• Well kinda. We are wired to spread our genetic material as far as we can, biologically

• You need to get over your ex. The most simple solution to your problem. He cheated you and its in your past. Its over. And I very well know easy said then done. But still. And yeah humans as in both sexes are made to cheat until they are not mature enough to realise it.

• Each gender cheats the same amount

• its only because our wire gets hard

• I don't know. To me it seems like women are hard wired to cheat and be promiscuous. I think in general people just have no class or morals nowadays. I'm rather angry about it.

• Some are. Women usually are attracted to the same types of guys when it comes to looks and/or money. And since the number of guys that most women find unattractive and guys who are broke out weigh the number of guys they do find attractive and /or have money , /there's going to be men with advantages and they will be most likely to cheat.

• It's like saying "are we hard wired to not want to cuddle"... umm, of course we want to cuddle, society tells us it's "unmasculine"

What Girls Said 5

• No because women cheat just as much as men... we also rarely get caught

• Humans are hardwired to cheat.

Humans are also hardwired to be irrational and self-harming at times. Which you are proof of.

• yes i would feel so as they are tempted easily

• No. It's about even between men and women.

• As much as I'm hardwired to punch someone in the face when I'm mad.

No excuses. Do not forgive him.