Why didn't he get anything for our 1 year anniversary?

My bf and I anniversary was yesterday. I thought maybe he would get me something but he didnt. He came home and I told him I got him a card and he's like I didn't get you anything and I just said that's fine but really I was a little upset. He could of at least got me a card or flowers. Didn't have to spend much but it's the thought that counts. When I first moved in with him I found two cards one from him and one from his ex gf. He said it was from one of their anniversarys. I brought thay up last night and he's like I don't know what your talking bout. When he knew what I was. I'm jw why he didn't buy me anything at all but yet he bought his ex gf cards and whatever else when they were dating. He's the one that broke up with her by the way cuz he didn't love her anymore n she had cheated on him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most likely reason: he's a guy, and he forgot.

Next most likely reason: he's a guy, and didn't think it was that important (the anniversary, NOT your relationship).

Sure, it's possible that there's a relationship issue, but I'd say that's FAR less likely than either of the two above. Most guys simply don't make things like this a big priority - even guys who are MARRIED forget their anniversaries sometimes. It's like a girl remembering when the Superbowl is or what the proper timing is for the car - most girls don't care about that stuff very much and won't remember without a reminder or 3.

• He knew it was our anniversary because he text me after he left the house for work cuz he couldn't say it to my face I guess but he said happy one year I love u and I'm glad I'm with u. I'm just confused cuz I don't know why he got his ex gf one but not me?

What Guys Said 3

• Guys do not remember things like anniversaries. They mean nothing to us. This is news to you? Seriously? You've never seen a sit-com in your life?

" I just said that's fine but really I was a little upset."

Don't make a situation worse by lying to him. If you're upset, say so. Don't mope and pretend you're not moping.

• He knew it was our anniversary because he text me after he left the house for work cuz he couldn't say it to my face I guess but he said happy one year I love u and I'm glad I'm with u. I'm just confused cuz I don't know why he got his ex gf one but not me

• Maybe she was more of a complaining bitch about those things.

• "I just said that's fine but really I was a little upset" ok you lied to him, now you are even.

• wow. what a cheap guy.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he may not be happy with you.

• he probably didn't think it was a big deal, or forgot about it. :( im sorry.. that sucks. its not really good to expect things though. it is only a 1 year anniversary, and i know it feels important and grand but it's only 1 year. i felt the same way with my boyfriend on our one year anniversary, but it isn't too big of a deal in the long run. im sorry you're upset about it, but try to learn to not expect things like that from him. he probably doesn't think its too big of a deal, you know. and its only gifts.. his love should be enough. :) just trying to help you see it from another point of view