I messed up by snooping... should I tell him?

I made the mistake of snooping on my guy's Facebook. I saw a girl was flirting with him. He did not flirt back but it bothered me how relentless this girl messaged him - every day, nonstop. I made a heat of the moment decision to block her. I know that I shouldn't have done it and I regret doing it. I am relieved though that she won't be contacting him anymore.

Should I tell my guy what I did? Or should I just keep my mouth shut and vow to never snoop again?

Thanks for the opinions, everyone. I think I will choose to not tell him and just refrain from doing it again. Telling him will break our trust and there's no proof I did it anyway. Lesson for all: Facebook is pure relationship drama!

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not tell him, it will only make him creepy. Every one has different standards for online stuff and you couldn't ask for more stand up behavior from BF. Do not reward behavior like that w/ nothing but an equal amount of trust.

Honestly, I don't think I would be as much of a stand up guy as your BF. Don't mention it and don't do it again.

What Guys Said 11

• You don't trust him or you wouldn't have been snooping in the first place. He should have the right to decide whether he is okay with that. If you can't be honest with him about it and accept the consequences, then you haven't really grown from the experience... you're just paying lip service to your breach of trust and personal space. In my opinion.

• What the hell? You're kinda crazy. Sorry. This is like committing murder and putting the body under your bed; as in it won't take long for him to find out and think WAY LESS of you and maybe even take up the offer of the girl who is flirting with him.

• I consider you crazy for comparing Facebook snooping to murder hahaha. Bad comparison dear!

• Whatever you need to say to delude yourself, dear.

• You're certainly a silly one!

• You should tell him.

• Once a snoop always a snoop LOL =P

• you should definitely tell your man everything because if he finds out by his own he'll be angry & mad at you & you'll lose his trust in you... promise him not to snoop around & tell him you did that because u love him so much that's all

• But there's no proof that I actually did it. I don't know his password even! I figured if I just keep my mouth shut he will be confused if he ever discovers it!

• he's going to find out either way. He'll realized she's been block eventually an know he didn't do it to her. And you can't just unblock her or she will think he wants haha

• But, there's also no proof that I did it. He knows that I don't know his password.

• Well then he's safe, id assume my ex did it whether i knew she knew my pass word or not haha id be driving, can't unlock my phone and she'll say "I'll do it!" In my head "how did you get my password.." Haha but i dont know if you can get away with it, go for it, but if he finds out he may be mad

• Tell him and never do it again. Would you want him to lie to you about things like this?

• well you committed a wrong & you should admit it. trust him & let him take that step of blocking if he deems it right. and you can talk to him that her flirting bothers you

• >.<

I'm sorry to see you're planning on being dishonest with your boyfriend. I'd rather you vow to never lie to him again.

• Personally I think you're awesome. Keeps skanks away from your man. Keeps him focused on you and you're right to be looking after him even in that way :)

• he probably aiready knows she has been blocked, so its best to tell him

What Girls Said 1

• It'll show up as Facebook user in his messages, your going to have to tell him...

• He only uses FB mobile so the messages completely disappear... I saw it when I blocked the girl :X