Does the no contact silence treatment really work? Or make people grow apart?

I want this guy to finally want me. I know he is not "the one" but he is what I want right now. Does the whole silent treatment game work? How do I become more appealing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Silent treatment game? WTHell? Being manipulative is a really really stupid way to try to start a relationship (and if a guy tries it with you, you've got to wonder... is he going to keep being manipulative?).

As an alternative, consider telling him you want him. It'll either work (and most guys seem to like the idea of being wanted so much a woman will speak up), or you'll know right away it's not going to, and you can move on.

• I've told him I want him. It's been 6 months. His ex gf apparently broke his heart.

• You might be able to get away with letting him know you're still interested, but you don't want to be end up being a creepy/pushy person trying to pressure him into a relationship >< It can be really hard to know where to draw that line. If he's just not interested in you, there's not much you can do, once you've been bright and shiny (that is, been pretty and engaging and let him know you are interested). If he still isn't going for you, well, a no is a no :/

But a "hey, I remember you were really down after your breakup. I wanted to let you know I still think you're cute, in case you were feeling more like dating. No pressure! If you want to get back to me, you know where to find me" could be okay. Altho I suspect you'd use your own words :)

What Guys Said 7

• it does work, not on everyone maybe but it does work and its high risk but high reward. how to become more appealing though? that will depend on his views/standards.

• Out of sight, out of mind! Longing only makes the heart grow fonder if there were genuine feelings there in the first place. He probably won't want you unless you put effort into him now and pull back a little.

• Booty call?

• It doesn't work on me, it works on some though. I just talk to different people meanwhile, and I'm not alone

• No playing games. You want him, tell him

• It works in the short term but not the long.

once someone finds out u r using these tactics, they either use them back on u or lose respect for u

What Girls Said 0