Why do women give their number but have no interest?

So met this girl at work we made eye contact, sensed a little attraction and i finally mustered the courage was talking game, complimenting her etc. So asked for her number and she no, then she said to write down mine. She asked if i had a kids and i said yes, one. She said she doesn't want to be a step mother, I said my kid doesn't live with me but u that your obligation i can't changed that. So i left her with w/o a number and assumed that was that... she txts me 20 mins later, basically letting me know her number... we text back n forth but i notice she take forever to respond. so text questions, and if i dont get a response i stop, but then she response hours later with long response, showing, i would think some form of interest, But i know that large gaps and inconsistent txt, means disinterest

she's really really hot and 22 I am 29, so pretty much had an idea she was going to be kinda flakey wit txting. Question is why bother giving me her number? y would a women do this? attention? to be nice?

Most Helpful Guy

• The part where she said she doesn't want to be a stepmother is your answer. She's ok with casual texts that have no priority and nothing more. You're probably just another guy she texts for attention now. Girls like attention.

What Girls Said 2

• She probably was trying to be nice and didn't want it to be awkward since you guys work together. She may have been on the border when she gave you her number, but changed her mind while texting, especially if that's when you guys discussed the stepmother thing. A lot of times when I'm not interested in a guy, I'll text back to be polite, but I will keep the conversation really casual and take a long time to respond.
    If I were you, I'd move on and just be polite when I interact with her.

• she's just being work friendly no one wants step kids

What Guys Said 3

• In this day and age women are taught to be as polite as possible, so sometimes they will do something and then be not so into it.

• Either she doesn't carry her phone all the time, has too many conversations going on at the same time, isn't in a rush to give you attention (which is rude seeing as she asked for your number) or she isn't that interested.

• You will never understand this woman's mind. Who gives a fuck. Move on. Also don't text her for No reason. Have point to see her or end the Convo.