Will a guy still love me if I can't have kids/sex? And how will I tell him?

I have HLHS, which means I now have half a heart. I can't do sports, band, run or stand for a long time, have sex or reproduce. I'm scared I'll fall in love with a guy who won't love me back due to all this. How do I tell him this and would he still possibly love me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be lying if I said it's not going to be hard to find a man to be with when you can't have sex or reproduce, but that doesn't mean you can't. I mean I'm sure there's guys out there with conditions like this that can't have sex or reproduce as well, so you could always seek that out.

What Guys Said 2

• True love is much more than sex and kids, but few know the difference

• Having kids is really important to me. If I meet a woman that couldn't have a child, but was willing to use a surrogate mother, then I would still be fine with it. I don't need her to be the one that carries the child, in order to accept her as the future mother of my children.

As far as sex, could you still do other sexual stuff? Most guys aren't going to give up sexual release with a woman forever. A lot of guys however love oral sex enough that they could live off of that alone. Or you may have to be willing to have an open marriage.

It isn't all bad. Your husband would know that you are 100% faithful and could never cheat. That is a big plus for a lot of guys that have been hurt before.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sorry to hear about that. If a man loves you for who you are, he shouldn't care about sex. Kids are great but there are guys out there that sure don't want them, if he does you can adopt.

• Relationships aren't always about sex , im sure any guy wouldn't mind if you just blew them or gave them a handy , I'm sorry to hear about your condition x

• Yes, Be upfront and tell him have him as a friend. A real man will understand and love you for you.
    If he leaves honestly he doesn't deserve you plus there's lots of things besides sex to a relationship. Believe it or not a lot of Or get with a man who already has kids. Your still young focus on loving yourself and being happy. Have lots of friends and the right one will come along and stay!