Is it a bad idea to date a party guy if you're a shy/quiet girl?

I went on a fun 2nd date with a guy I met online (we went to same college). Afterwards we were talking in his car & somehow we got on the topic of how different we are. He admitted he used to be a total party guy who loved to get drunk and mess around with tons of girls in college. But now he claims he wants a "meaningful" relationship. As for me I was very shy, didn't drink, didn't even date in college. And I strongly disliked those party guys that slept around for fun. Anyways I started feeling upset/insecure when he told me all this. I said "I don't think I'm what you're looking for" and started to get out of his car. He pulled me back & said he didn't think that was true & that he wanted to go on another date. He even texted when i got home saying, "Please don't jump to the conclusion you're not my type". I am attracted to him, but I'm not sure if we'd be a good match?

Most Helpful Girl

• Even party guys end up wanting a meaningful relationship eventually. Don't assume you're not compatible - find out. If it turns out that you don't get along, then go your separate ways. You'll regret going away from him even more than you'll regret being with him if things don't work out. The best relationships I had were with guys who were very different from me, just give it a chance.

What Guys Said 3

• Its a very bad idea for very obvious reasons.

• Who knows. You'll find out the answer if you go for it.

• Opposites attract and all that.,..

What Girls Said 1

• Leave the past in the past. We all have one, so focus on today and get to know him as the person he is, not was.