What is the science behind me being attracted to skinny guys?

This is something strange about me. I think skinny men are better looking than muscular, normal, or fat-looking men. Every time I see a cute guy on the streets, he is a skinny-looking guy. Not only that, but this guy I have a huge crush on is skinny. It's been like this for me ever since I was 15.
Scientifically, I know that muscular men are the most attractive because they have a lot of testerone and seem protective/strong, but this does not apply to me. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people have preferences?
    There's no clear cut definition of attraction that is universal to every person out there.
    For example, I'm clearly not your type. Others, think I look great.

If you want to look into the science of it, I'll try to give my thoughts (this is being pulled right out of my ass). Let's look back thousands of years and pretend we're all a big community of prehistoric people in the ice age or something. Maybe big testosterone filled men were protective/strong, but not necessarily the best fathers or companions because they're too busy hunting, fighting, fucking, and getting killed. The skinnier and more tender men probably were more better suited as fathers and companions and possibly had more brainpower because that's what they had to resort to. These guys wouldn't get killed nearly as much and would be more prevalent than the big testosterone filled brutes. They would also probably achieve some sort of leader status in the community due to their ability to think.

Now this is all probably just bullshit, but those are my thoughts anyway.

What Guys Said 4

• the muscles thing is common but attraction is a great deal more complicated then that. It has a lot to do with your dna and the type of person who would make good babies with you. Also cultural and social experiences can have a huge effect on this as well.

• You like what you like. You have a type and thats it. Better than some girls who say they like one type of guy, but date everything else but.

Its what catches your eye.

• Thin is in? A lot of people like the lean look.

• That makes you unique perhaps?:)

What Girls Said 1

• you dont always have to explain attraction. there are many diff types of guys, so i guess natures way of making things fair is making some women attracted to the guys who aren't ideal