How old is to old for a guy to be with a girl?

I'm confused because if they are both in high school no one ever seems to blink an eye but if a guy is a sophomore in college and the girl is a junior then it's horrible. Yet they would only be three to four years apart and their are some married couples over ten years apart.

Most Helpful Guy

• well the reason people see it bad when a college guy is dating a high school girl is because she's still a minor so anything sexual becomes illegal. but honestly it can be done normally, i mean it only sounds bad but in reality it can actually be pretty nice. and ya i know of 1 married couple with a 10 year difference and they are still so happy together, still going strong:)

What Guys Said 3

• We're kind of stupid about it sometimes. To stay safe if you're almost 18 and he's within a couple years of you you should be mostly ok.

• that's just people being childish and I think there's some weird social aspect to the whole collage/university thing.

• (x/2) + 7 = y
    x = oldest partner's age
    y = the youngest age the oldest partner can date acceptably.

That's how you know.

What Girls Said 1

• Think of it this was 28 and 38 isn't bad but 14 and 24 is. Same age difference but completely different.

Maturity makes all the difference. Age is "just a number" only when both parties are consenting ADULTS (18+)

• I understand this but many people say guys mature slower than girls or girls usually want the more serious relationship first, I understand its not true in all cases and the 14-24 is a bit extreme, but think about 16-19 and 30-33?

• That's a very common misconception girls only start emotionally maturing at 18. So under that age I laugh when girls say I'm mature for my age. Men are immature at all ages going for someone older never guarantees maturity. A guy who will date girls that are underage aren't the mature ones. The mature ones go for legal women.