I want to meet my boyfriend's father, But he doesn't seem to want me to meet him. Help?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 2 months and he's a really nice guy. He's already met my family and I met his mothers side of the family and things went really well ( his parents are divorced he lives with his dad but visits a lot with his mom) . but whenever his father's family is mentioned its really vague and whenever I ask why I can't meet them he always gives me a half answer and changes the subject. He tells me he doesn't mind me meeting them but always cancels when we arrange for us to meet. How do I get to meet his primary family? Or how do I go about asking why he doesn't seem to want me to without seeming pushy?

** I'm about 3 years older than my boyfriend. When I first asked if his dad had a problem about it , my boyfriend lied and said no. But later on I asked him again then he said yes.. I get i'm a little old for him but... I'm worried that he doesn't want me to meet them because of it..

Most Helpful Guy

• When I first started dating my current girlfriend, I didn't want her to meet my dad because my dad is a really cool guy and I was afraid that she'd like him more than me. It sounds absurd in retrospect, I know. At the same time, my gf didn't want me meeting her schizophrenic mother, later stating that she was afraid I would break up with her because of that. So we went out for half a year before either of us got the guts to go through with it. Just give your guy time :)

What Guys Said 1

• I mean personally I don't have a good relationship with my family and don't want to bring girlfriends whom I like back to them, so that may be a possibility. He may also not want them to fuck things up, parents tend to do that you know.

What Girls Said 0