Girls that got cheated on, how long did it take you to take interest in dating again?

My friend was telling me that he's interested in dating this one girl we know who came off a bad relationship. He asked me if I thought it was okay, I said I was unsure as she might not be interested in dating right now. Thanks for any reply.

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me two years, every girl is different obviously, but generally it's a long process.

What Girls Said 6

• Depends on the level of emotion in the relationship. If I were in love, I'd probably go back out there in a year or so... maybe in a month - but only a rebound thing... So, seriously in a year.
    IF it was noting special, it would be a couple of months...

• it is different for every girl but for me it took 5yrs.

• I'd say about a year.

• It took me almost a year to start to get back on my feet and to try pick myself up

• It really depends on the girl and the kind of relationship they had with the person. I caught on when he was starting to cheat so I prepared myself early on and when I got all the information I showed the other girl as well. When I did break up with him, I was already over him. But that's just me because it's harder for me to be emotionally attached since I always went towards reason and emotions alone are not reason so I would never say that I "love" and person as a significant other because to me that is unreasonable. But I do have a bf and he doesn't care that I don't say I love him.

• it took me 4 years, it was mostly time to gain trust in any guy again, even my closest guy friends. I still have trust issues with my boyfriend now from when I was cheated on, but he assures me that I can trust him even though it's hard to really believe...

What Guys Said 0