Girls: Is it a dealbreaker if your BF is racist?

Girls: Is it a dealbreaker if your BF is racist

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. Being the product of an biracial couple, the man I'm with has to be on good terms with that. I would feel very uncomfortable and quite frankly, not safe, for both myself and my family. Hey, I love a good racist joke as much as the next guy and I can respect those who are open about their racism, not sly about it, but if I were in a relationship with a man like that, I couldn't help but think if every time he looks at me if he has hatred for me because of something so irrelevant as my race.

What Girls Said 14

• Depends on how severe of a racist he is.

Let's be honest, everyone has thrown out a racial judgment at one point in their life or two.

I can get along with people who are prejudiced against others, but not if they act on the racism that spews from their mouth.

• It is a deal breaker for me.

I can be friends with people who are a bit prejudiced towards a race or two, as long as they don't act on their racism or hurt anyone else because of it.

But I couldn't date or marry someone who was racist.

• lmfao. hell yea it's a dealbreaker. i'd punch him.

• I could not date a racist of any kind first and foremost because I'm multiracial and secondly because I have valuable friendships with people of different races.

• um yes. I could never date a racist. not only do I think it's plain wrong but also growing up I was always the foreigner and got bullied a lot because of it so no way...

• Bigotry of any kind is an instant deal breaker. People who harbor that much unjustifiable hate in their hearts aren't those who I want in my inner circle.

• Well only if it's to my race or extremely towards others where he makes a scene in public or harasses them

• Definitely. I already have enough bigots in my family, I don't need more.

• Definitely. I have no room in my life for bigots and those who perpetuate hatred and intolerance.

• well I'm black so huh yeah who would want to be with a person full of hate anyway

• What do you mean by "well I'm black"? Are you trying to imply that blacks can't be racist? Because that's pretty racist itself.

• Thank you @iunderachieve

• I get what you're saying but I'm sure there are many black females out there who are racist against others and have black boyfriends who are racist against others. I've never met any racist black females yet but definitely racist black males.

• Yes, it is.

• No one wants ignorant idiot witch means many racist people are XD

• If he's racist but it doesn't show very much, I could deal with it for a while, but it'd end eventually.

• Yes, but he's not so yeah... In general, people don't care to be around others that is hateful, negative or ignorant.

• Not even sure why this would get a down vote, but okay.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the severity, I can be racist at times, but i dont run around being mean to everyone. Mainly in jokes or in private i am racist, but i have friends of every race.

• Everyone is racist.

• I want to hear your thoughts, downvoters.

• Of course they are bad and ignorance is universal and quite annoying

• Good. I hate it when people do that. They shouldn't have to do that to begin with.

Standing up for someone who is a victim of hate isn't a bad thing, but hate doesn't discriminate and happens to people of all colors FROM people of all colors.