When should I tell him I'm not a virgin?

My friend and I have been talking every day for a week now. I really like him and I'm thinking/hoping he likes me too. He's 16 and has never had a girlfriend. I'm 17 and I've had maybe 5 boyfriends, but I had sex a few times with only my last ex. I regret it and really just want to start over. I don't want to keep anything from the guy I like now, but when should I talk to him about my past? Before we date (if we date)? Whenever he asks? After we've dated for a while? If I get the chance to be his first real girlfriend then I really just don't want to screw it up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Really the only time you have to say you're not a virgin is when you guys start talking about having sex and then it's more to let him know that you're STD free than it is to inform that you aren't a virgin. At least I hope your ex didn't give you an STD because that is really uncool.

What Guys Said 1

• Why tell him at all?
    If you volunteer the information it will sound like a guilty confession.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't tell him before you start dating because it's none of his business. It's worth noting that dating doesn't mean a relationship. It's something personal and I would wait you've dated a few times.

• Only tell him if he asks, you're 17 it not like its unusual for you to not be a virgin and youve only been with one person so you're far from being promiscuous or anything

• Keep it to yourself. Don't be specific.

• You don't owe him an explanation. Don't say anything unless you date and get to the point of sex