Are there usually Enough People in a city, so that most People can get a Partner?

These days, cities are overpopulated. But i'm not sure if they're balanced in gender.

So say there's a city with 20,000 people. If there's 10,000 dating age guys and 10,000 dating age girls and each of the girls likes a different one of those guys (not the same) then it works out.

Of course then you gonna have to factor in the lesbians and stuff.

Anyways, cause I see a lot of girls and they all have boyfriends always. So it seems there's no single girls.. they've all been taken. Maybe i'm one of those who will end up single forever because there are just not enough Women of my age who are single, like guys, and like me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are there usually Enough People in a city, so that most People can get a Partner?
    No as in my opinion people getting a partner depends on attractiveness, appeal, and compatibility not if there are enough people. For example it could be like there are 10 guys/10 gals and only 4 guys get a date because the other 6 were undesirable to the gals.

What Girls Said 4

• I do not know really...

I live in a city and most guys are taken, those that are single are either sociopaths or plain psychotic, and then there are gay guys so I am left with finding him nowhere...

To me society is archaic nowadays so to find that special someone is like looking for a needle in a haystack...

• In canada, 50% of adults over the age of 18 are single so there is more than enough for everybody to get a partner.

• That's interesting. Not much dating going on in Canada?

• I think it's because people prefer random play to relationships these days or maybe after becoming single mothers - they have no idea to date again.

• Well, I don't know about where you live. But where I live and go to university, there is about 45% males and 55% females. So I see more single ladies then guys and feel alone. Unless I hang around the engineering buildings hahas.

• Obviously you'll have far more dating opportunities in a city. The more populated, the more opportunities.

What Guys Said 2

• 20,000 people wouldn't qualify as 'city' IMHO. It would still be a town.
    1/2 will be of the opposite gender, 1/2 will be married, maybe more.=1/4 Leaves 5,000 Of these ,000, how many within your age range (not too young or too old for you?

• There's enough people it's just that girls make it harder than it needs to be.