Anxiety of not dating during younger years?

I feel like I'm in a constant battle against time to find someone special now that I'm at a young age.

I know I will eventually find a girlfriend but I'm worried that it would be in my late 20s which by then I would have missed out on young love/experiences you could only have had at a certain age.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm kind of in the same boat right now... I thought I would find my future husband in high school, because that's what happened with my mom (she was a senior in high school and my dad was a freshman in college when they met), but I ended up only dating three guys, two for only a few weeks, one for just a month. I never really was anyone's girlfriend, and they were never really my boyfriends. Though you know, most young love relationships are just blind, and not in the good way, so it may not be such a bad thing to miss out on. Besides, I know my uncle didn't have a girlfriend at age 23 and he was really upset about it, but in maybe a year, he met my aunt, and now they're happily married with two beautiful daughters. It's always darkest before the dawn, I suppose ;)

What Guys Said 1

• Not all of dating is good. Most of it sucks actually. So you're lucky to be naive in that regard