I am really concerned. Why do cute girls say I look ugly?

I posted my pictures in something called a rate thread on another website a number of times. In this thread, people rate each other's attractivness on a scale of 1-10. Many girls would rate me 4/10 but my most commen rate was a 5, which is pretty bad because they found all of the other guys to be around a 7. Am I really that bad, and if so, why? Can I improve at all. I'm 21 and no girl has ever shown interest in me. Should I just have low standards?

This is me: http://imgur.com/a/PJli7

Most Helpful Girl

• On a scale of 1-10, 5 would be average, which really isn't that bad considering that most people are around 5. I'm not really sure how you can improve, but I can tell you that you have a really nice smile. So maybe smile more? :) Especially in your pictures.

• Just tell him he's ugly. He asks this question constantly and it's really annoying

• I don't know dude, you just have an average face. No features really stand out (in a good way). Don't really know what else to tell you.

• :(

That is really depressing to hear... I hate myself because of this. I think you look really cute in your profile pic. It's always the cute ones that don't like me one bit... Would you reject me based on how I look? Please be honest about it.

What Girls Said 14

• i dunno... you look cute to me. maybe their standards are too high... or maybe they're used to seeing cute guys on that site... or maybe you aren't very photogenic (or maybe other guys photoshop their pic)
    ... if you have a guy/girl that's an 8 standing next to a bunch of guys/girls that are 10s... that 8 is gonna seem like a 1 by comparison

There's a lot maybe's here... you shouldn't be in a rush to change your opinion of yourself :)

• You're adorable when you smile ;).

Okay in my opinion you're a 8.5 ... Just becuase I don't know you, and I don't base how attractive someone looks by the selfies they post online. <3

But other than that, you're super cute. I bet other girls on here think that too :)

• i dont think ur an ugly guy. u have pretty eyes. i think u need some style. get a better hair cut and dress better. as for what type of makeover should u get? observe the top guys in ur city who get the girls u wanna date and dress like them.

• Thanks. Any suggestions as far as a new haircut goes? It's kind of hard for me to go too short because I have a bunch of cowlicks, haha.

• Maybe its wrong kind of girls who are saying you are ugly, cause you clearly are not. Don't worry about what these girls think, you can find a girl who finds your inner and outer amazing.

But if you want to improve you can try to style your hair differently, and try different styles, grow a beard for a season (Winter i would suggest). :)

• OMG no you are cute as fuck! Maybe all the other girls on there were jaded, but you're beautiful :D That, or you're just saying they said you were ugly so you could get more compliments... Yeah, it's not just a girl thing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6jKCWIoYc

• Thanks. It just seems so weird because they were complimenting all of the other guys that I too thought looked good. I don't understand why they would only target me and call me a 4 or a 5. I need to stop carting what they think about me. It really gets me super depressed.

• i love this video!

• Haha I love it too! High five *hand smack*

• Your really cute in my opinion.

• Thank you so much, I really appreciate this compliment.

• Wtf are you serious? You look cute, and your smile is amazing! Remember girls have standards that are way too high, why do you think it's hard for them to find someone compatible? Don't sweat it dude!

• Yes, lower your standards.

• Haha really? 7th? Wow. Because this is the 2nd straight day where I've seen him asking about his looks. He's just fishing for compliments then.

• Ughh, god damn it boy. Did you know that if your self-esteem is low, no matter how good looking you are you will never see it. Even if your self-esteem is normal you see yourself as average. You are a decent looking guy, but being overly concerned about your looks brings you down to a 1. Go do some modeling or something. It doesn't to be large production, hell you don't even need to get paid, but you'll have bragging rights. Women automatically chime in when you say, "yeah, I do modeling. Nothing big time just amateur" This will also make you look humble. This is the best advice that I can personally give you. When I say lower you standards go out there and get your 100 slaps. It doesn't matter who you ask, but 1 woman that you find moderately attractive will say yes. If you guys date over time she will become even more attractive if you fall for her personality.

• Well thanks for the feedback. I really would never want to do anything like modelling. It's actually funny because I literally never gave a care about how I looked. I used to think I looked good and that I'd find a girl one day and that was that. But then hearing all those negative comments on that site really hurt my confidence big time, so much that I even became depressed about it.

• You're super cute when smiling. :) I don't believe in rating systems, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If I landed a cutie like you, I'd be surprised. XD

• Wtf you're really cute ( I don't use numbers to rate, makes me feel icky). I like photo 3 the most, that smile had me smitten for lil! 8D

Ugh, so unfair why do all these nice cute guys only show up on the internet? :c

• This is the 7th time he has asked this question...

• This is literally the 100th time he has asked this question seriously

• Look, I am sorry I have asked so much. What those people said on that website really hurt my self esteem and I haven't been the same since. I need to see my psyche about this more. This is not me being narcissistic or anything like that. I'm just genuinly concerned is all. I really appreciate honest feedback. I just don't understand why girls never show interest in me online in dating sites or in real life

• To be honest i think you look pretty good, you're defs not ugly.

• No don't worry u look good

• I like the 3rd the best. Ur really cute. But just be yourself.

• Thanks, I appreciate that. Hopefully I come across a girl in real life that shows interest in me. I have always been myself and did the things that made me happy. I just find it so weird that I didn't even get a single match on Tinder.

• Don't do tinder, it's a joke and there r creeps on it.

• You look good! I think you're cute :)

But if you're concerned, my advise is this:
    Work on your personality, treat all women with respect, and in general be a good person. A woman will take notice after a while and fall for you :) In the long run, personality wins over appearance.

What Guys Said 6

• Stop being a whiney baby and stop asking this question.

• Um, he's not ugly though? And this was the first time I saw his question, sooo-rry.

• I'm not trying to come off as a baby, really. I understand people think that. I'm just really worried about what those girls said. The cute ones always say I'm ugly or average at best so

• Asking it 100 times isn't doing you any favors

• This is the second time you asked a question based on your looks.

• what's the point of looking good if the good looking person ends up being forever alone, looks don't matter much, it's all luck and how you interact with girls,

• you gotta take care of that acne dude. and consider shaving. some guys can pull off the unshaven look and some can't. yours looks a little patchy.

• Maybe you will grow out of your "ugly duckling" stage... give it some time it may take you awhile

• well I am already 21. So it's true that I look ugly currently after all? Any suggestions to improve in the meantime?

• The only way I know it can be fixed is plastic surgery but it can be costly

• Ahh, okay. Well what do you see that is wrong with my face? Just curious..

• Stop giving a shit and just be confident in who you are. Girls dig confidence...