How much do a guy's looks matter to girls?

Pretty straightforward question

this seems to be the general concensus. I asked this because I have never had a girl wanting anything more than friendship. I don't think I am ugly but I found that almost all girls around my age say I'm not their type. Me: imgur. com/a/PJli7

Most Helpful Girl

• How much do a guy's looks matter to girls?
    I find looks matter little to gals in general as it seems most just care for the guy to not be deformed/very unattractive. Gals generally get approached so they're generally in the position to consider guys they may not find attractive. Plus it seems gals are conditioned in most societies to be ashamed of placing importance on looks. Take for example the notion of 'giving chances' which dissuades gals from rejecting based on looks all while overlooking said guy likely approached her based on looks.

In my opinion what little sway looks have your confidence, personality, fashion sense, intelligence, hobbies, wealth, status, and such are likely more regarded by gals than your looks.

What Girls Said 16

• oh my god. you are so fucking cute. You have a baby face, you look very young so it could be that, i personally am attracted to younger looking features so this will eventually work to your benefit. It may also not be your looks, it could your personality, i'm not saying you have a bad personality, i'm just saying that you haven't met someone who is turned on by it. I've been attracted to guys who don't look like underwear models, personality and how good you make a girl feel about herself really helps in building attraction

• I find that extremely attractive guys are either arrogant, players or gay - lol! I was a model in my late teens, early twenties, and I can honestly say I never seriously dated ANY of the male models. The guys that I am attracted to are different and march to their own drummer (like me!), and also usually have a talent. And a really funny guy is a huge turn on. As long as they are nice looking, well groomed and healthy, looks take a backseat to a lot of other things.

• ok. Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind looking at the pics I put in the update? I'm worried that though I'm not hideous, I'm not up to par as far as what most girls expect from looks.

• You are very cute but you need to smile more! When you are too serious, it looks like a mug shot from "Americas Most Wanted"- lol. You have nice features, I don't think it's your looks that is the problem. Honestly, you look insecure in the photos so maybe that's the energy you're giving off...

• ok! Thanks, that really means a lot. Yeah, I am super insecure but I really try to not let it show.

• He doesn't have to be hot / cute / handsome - but he has to be my type and he has to be well rounded. If he is attractive to me - he doesn't have to have attractive features.

• A lot...
    Just like a girls looks matter to guys...

Also, we care about the personality too, so... tough, huh? xD

• hmm, that makes sense. I am the same way. Unfortunately girls don't find me attractive for the most part :( What do?

• There isn't much you can do if it's your looks. If it's your personality you can try, but personality is basically what comes most naturally to you... so... girls (most of them) can 'smell' when something isn't right, so if you're not being yourself, they'll know. O. o
      Tough...

• i guess looks are kinda important, its the first thing you see about a person, like you wouldn't really go up to a person who looks so daggy and looks dirty, i guess looks somewhat shows who the person is :) but personality of a person is way more important than looks :D

• Looks are appealing to all regardless of gender but without a good personality and character, looks will only get you so far before you're ditched. A guy who treats a woman with respect, affection and protects her even if he is avarage looking is worth more than a man who looks hot and treats a woman like dirt on his shoes or cheats on her and lies etc.

If you care about a woman treat her right, and if she's genuine then she will see the beauty in you.

• Not much.. The amount of goodlooking guys I've met so far were mostly jerks actually. Ofcourse the physical appearance is important but a guy who only looks good but doesn't know how to be a 'man' and treat me well is almost zero to me.

• Just enough. I care about personality and interests overall but if I'm not attracted to them then we can never be more than friends.

• ok. I am the same way. The problem is I am always friendzoned. Could it be my looks? This is me: copy and paste and delete the space that it makes: imgur. com/a/PJli7

• your eyes are fine QA. The problem is not with you. its with women

• it just seems weird taht it's so easy for all my friends but not at all for me.

• Enough, otherwise, I would not be attracted to him or want to sleep with him. My type is a tall & strong Latino, brown eyes & hair, confident & with conversation. Everyone has their own type

• If I don't already know you looks are everything if I'm going to be attracted enough to approach (obviously)! If you happen to be in my circle of friends personality can make you attractive:)

• In my opinion, 35%, the other 75% would be humour, intelligence, attitude, interests, that kind of thing.

• i personally prefer cute bishonen types ♡
    i love to date these ♡(*ยดω`*)

• On a scale of 1 to 10 i'd say 7. And by that i don't mean nice face or nice body, i could care less. I'm talking about how well he takes good care of himself and his appearence, his hygiene, his style etc...

• about 75%, but saying that... all girls find different things attractive to a certain degree. As long as you are well groomed the rest will take care of itself.

I know some dude isn't going to under stand this and take it at face value -.-

• I realize that beauty is subjective, but still, No girl around my age has ever shown interest. I must have one of those faces...

• unfortunately not. So I look ugly and need to hide my face with a beard in order to be dateable? That is depressing...

• Dude, will you relax? Beards are just sexy... And grab women's attention. But you should invest in some button up shirts... maybe grey if you don't already have them. I don't know where in the world you are, but that's not a bad style.

• Depends how much hers mean to you. Shallow attract shallow. Birds of a feather flock together...

• All I care about is if I'm attracted to him. And usually those are average-looking guys. You don't have to be a supermodel (because I definitely am not one) and you don't have to have any certain features for me to like you.

What Guys Said 9

• Here's how it is a girl decides whether she finds you attractive or not within the first 3 seconds she sees you now you can sway her into finding you attractive with your personality, talents, humor, or other qualities. When people don't know you the only thing they have to judge you by is your (Face, Body, & Style) For guys we have a more of a chance if we are not very attractive to still get the girl because girls put looks at about 30-35% but at least you're not a girl because men put looks at almost 100% and a girl we deem ugly has almost no chance to sleep with us unless we are wasted. My advice to you grow a beard but keep it trimmed, put some effort in your hairstyle, have some self confidence your photos look empty, and for christ's sake hit the gym you look like your pushin 120lbs

• I can't grow a beard. I am 15 lbs not chubby at all. My job is very physical and has a lot of weightlifting so that's already a workout in itself... I worry like you said my eyes weird most girls out.

• No I know you are not chubby when I said hit the gym I meant weightlifting to gain lean muscle. Your an average looking guy so you shouldn't really have a problem picking up girls maybe its your approach are you being to friendly with them?

• Damn, I like this one bro
      Lolz

• Girls give like a little more than 2 shits about how I guy looks, u could be a fat clown

But!!! If u were a successful fat clown, funny as hell, well rounded in chocolate loafers, crisp white slacks, a nice plaid button up with the right amount of accessories and a fresh ass cut n trim... ud be king of playersville

Girls make their assumptions fast ur presentation is what matters

• Oh wow. You posted a picture of yourself again and hoping you get positive comments. Ask this 100 more times and just maybe you'll get the answer your looking for but I have a feeling you won't

• yeah, I'm just trying to figure out if I stand any chance at finding love or if I should just give up on it. I have tried literally everything. I'm just so upset over what so many people said and how I can't even get a Tinder match unlike all my pals.

• I don't think that my attitude is what made almost a hundred girls on another site call me ugly. My attitude was much more positive until after the fact, you know? I wish I knew how to like myself again, I really do. I hate feeling so negative all of the time, it sucks and I'm always unhappy because of it.

• Getting off the internet would obviously help

• I would say 80% appearance matters to them and 20% personality. Sad but true..

• judging by the answers I'm doomed :/

• A LOT. A WHOLE lot.

• Looks are like 30% for women, with some women less others more... That's why you see ugly guys with smoking hot women, because they have the other 70% down..

First of all you are the kind of guy who will look better when he gets older... you just look like a bit of a douchy boy right now, but luckily that will change for you I know I can tell... So stop being insecure about your looks all you have to do is keep in shape and get older...

Secondly, your photos scream insecurity and unhappy with yourself. So here is an exercise for you "practice being a man", whenever you hear the little bitch moaning about looks, tell yourself to "be a man" about it, no girl is going to find your moaning like a little bitch attractive.

Men don't complain about their looks, they also don't care if women find their looks attractive or not, that's not to say don't take care of yourself.

You need to work on your self esteem and man up.. whatever issue you have in life man up to it and make an intention to conquer it, if its women do some PUA stuff, but don't let it get to your head..

Remember the mantra "be a man", repeat it to yourself when you feel the bitch inside you whining..

• Wow , you ask that question a lot don't you

• yeah. I've asked girls out in real life, tried several dating sites for over a year now and still no luck. I feel like a freak of nature in all honesty. I don't know, man. This ain't normal to be like this..

• Dude I had the same issues , online dating never works out for me , most the girls are just there for ego boosts anyway.

Finally at the age of 22 my luck has changed though

• it matters A LOT. if girls had to pick between looks and personality, they would pick looks because at the end of the day, they need to be able to bare the sight of you in bed. If they can't do that, its a no go. Guys care about looks too, but the difference is that guys are willing to settle. Girls have personal preferences that are largely unalterable, and they have more dealbreakers than a chinese buisnessman. If you're ugly, my sympathies to you, as only the women who fall under the exception to the rule will date you, which represents a small minority of the female population

good luck

• I disagree, I think women "settle" more than men do. If he is a good guy, has a job, etc. we are more flexible about looks. You see more beautiful women with average/ugly men than you see average/ugly women with very handsome men.

• Well I have actually been suicidal lately to be honest. I'm super lonely and I mean, I'm pretty miserable and bitter, too. I always knew looks matter but I never knew I wasn't good enough until recently..

• same here dude. But man, ever since i became a mgotw, my depression levels have dropped like 100%. May i suggest a YouTube channel that may help you?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCeCV-XNeZIoHiCGfNYCLh9Q

browse through the videos, trust me. You will gain a whole new perspective on life that you never thought possible... and you will begin to laugh at why you were putting women on such a high pedestal to begin with