Girls would you date someone who was in the military?

I'm just curious But would you date someone in the military I've been rejected a few times because I'm in the military but would you date and be happy with him being in the military

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be in love with 2 guys who also were in the military. So it doesn't really bother me =)
    Just a chance I'd be extremely worried when the guy goes far away to fight though :/
    Already lost too many people, so wouldn't want to lose someone I love again.
    If he really loves being in the military, and I'm in love with him, then I would defs date him :)

What Girls Said 8

• No I wouldn't, I did in the past and I HATED it. He hadn't even left yet but he was going to soon and it upset me too much. That isn't why we broke up though, but after that I realized I want my husband there with me ALL the time, not just some.

• Yes. My ex bf is a 2nd Lt. I used to think I wouldn't want a bf in the military coz I couldn't imagine being married to a guy who would be deployed in wars, plus he'll have to be away most of the time. Some women are not up for it, or could also be the thought that the deployments may already have psychological effects on you.. But if a woman falls for you and actually like you for you (personality and everything) she'll go for the challenge. My high school friend is married to a military dude. I see her get sad on Facebook each deployment.

• Sorry to hear that you broke up with him and yeah it can be quite stressful knowing that it could be the last time you see each other and respect to your friend and her boyfriend for driving through it together

• My boyfriend is going into the RAF but I'm not dating him because of it. In truth I'd prefer it if he wasn't (mostly for superficial reasons) but it's his dream after all :3

• Please stay with him it would break his heart of you left him.

• Hahaha thanks :)

• Haha welcome :)

• Yes. If I really like the guy. You have to have a lot of bravery or trust for that kind of relationship , but in the end it will probably be for the best.

• I might. It's a yes and a no. Kind of depends I think. My friend joined recently and just went to boot camp a few weeks ago and I miss him, and he's just a friend.

• Yeah boot camp is long and hard trust me as a British marine we have the hardest training in the world so if I can do it then do can he and his luck to him and hope he comes back well

• He said he was tired and stuff. Oh man, I believe you :D

• Yeah he will be but he will be having better conditions then is here in the UK so count your selves lucky haha :)

• I definitely would. It'd be tough but it'd be worth it. Plus there's nothing more attractive than a guy fighting for our country.

• Haha brave girl and yes it would be hard but what ever your comfortable with them he should be too

• Yes, I would happily.

• I guess it depends how long for I dont think it matters really it could make you more attractive but if the relationshipis serious things could change

• Yeah and yes it could make it more serious but half the time some soldiers come back with a different personality and that is quitting me

What Guys Said 2

• Because of it? There are some 'girls' who only date military guys which seems really shady. I always though most women found them more attractive honestly, but if you're leaving for extended periods of times that might be the main thing.

• Yeah could just be for the uniform and I'm not being deployed yet but if I were to be if be gone for 6 months and onwards at a time I think

• They make a game of it apparently, they seem like gold diggers but anyway.
      Yeah I wouldn't want a serious relationship if I just met a girl and she's going off for 6+months at a time (also depending how much communication you can have during). Some people will be able to deal with it, the other part is they might worry 24/7. I think the very low minority of rejections might be caused by their differing beliefs on military, but I think it's much more of the communication/contact.

• Yeah it's all about the communication like if you miss out a day of communicating then you could be thought of as dead and that won't be very good

• ofc they would. Girls like to be dominated by from strong men in uniform.