Hey guys, would you have a problem dating a girl who used to have an eating disorder? Would you want to know?

I have a history of an eating disorder, and I just want to know if I should keep it from my boyfriend or tell him. Would you want to know? I also have cuts from self harm on my hip, which he hasn't yet asked about. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel you have any reason to tell him unless you want to know. However if my girl needed my support or for me to understand her better, then she is going to have to let me in and tell me about stuff like that. I would hope my girl would let me in, but if she doesn't let me in, then I am not going to know. So in my ignorance, I would be fine with her not telling me.

As for the scars on your hip, most guys know better than to ask a girl about scars she may feel self conscious about. He also may not have any idea they are self harm scars, and if he does, figures you aren't ready to talk about it yet.

• Thank you for your help!

What Guys Said 2

• No problem at all.

• Tell him, if he loves you he won't care

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know how long you have been with your boyfriend but if these things are currently going on he may need to know. Its very important to be open and honest with your thoughts and feelings. Judging that you're under 18 though I would guess the relationship isn't too serious in which case I hope at least your parents know about these things and are getting you help.

• It's all in the past, I've been healthy for a while now. However, thank you very much for your concern

• If it's in the past I see no need to tell him. Unless you are both just talking about your past or he ever asks you then of course be honest. But I see no need to tell if you're all better.