Does ignoring a guy actually work?

Lets say a guy seems to be playing hard to get or just flat out ignores you for some reason even though you have chemistry and you decide as a girl he showed interest in before to ignore him. Would this work?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It doesn't. Any guy with the slightest amount of options will immediately drop you like a bad habit and pursue them instead. Why? Because its a waste of time to pursue a girl who isn't interested. Because any man with self respect isn't going to put himself into a dynamic where his attention isn't reciprocated. Because girls who think they have to ignore a guy to make him want them are clearly too manipulative to be loved.

What Guys Said 10

• Ignore me and I'm gone.

• No does not work. My ex used to try to ignore me and give me the silent treatment so I would just wait, then I would try to talk to her and for like 10 minutes it would be me just talking to my self watching her. Then right as she was about to say I give up, I would say no you don't then kiss her. It got her every time.

• No, I figure you're ignoring me because you don't like me.

• Ignoring will increase the difference only between you two , If ignoring is more than a tease then the partner starts seauching someone else because he/she starts loosing patience.

• No, this will very oftenly drive us away, because we think you don't want us, so no it probably won't work

• well a lot of these responses are god then they all left out some stuff all guys are different some are just really lazy when it comes to this and others are really pumped upp so it is an important detail.

• It won't work.. trust me.

It will just drive us away. We will automatically assume you're not interested and so we will move on..

• It might butttt she'd be playing games. I don't want to play games

• There's a girl that's doing that to me right now. She seemed interested but she's very sketchy when it comes to texting. Once I noticed that she was ignoring me, I did the same. If she wants me she's gonna have to quit playing games. Or if she really isn't interested, I'm not gonna waste my time trying to get her attention when there are plenty of others who are willing to give me the time of day

• no it doesn't it tells the guy she's really not interested, some guys play hard to get to weed out girls who are there to just play dumb games with guys cause thats a common thing girls do and guys are tired of it

What Girls Said 0