Do Women Really want kids or do they do it because of the Society's expectations?

Let's see kids and babies and new borns are difficult, noisy, loud, hassle, they puke, they poop, you have to train them in many things. They are stubborn, cry alot, throw tantrums. And let's not forget about the teenage years. And then let's also not forget about the money needed to raise them.

So why do Women want kids?

Whether or not you have kids, you still dying when you're old. Whether or not the world population decreases because you didn't have kids, doesn't really matter to you after you are gone.

Many Women who are independent and Career oriented and who do not marry or have boyfriends are not having kids and seem to live freer less stressful lives.

Just saying.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you are trying to stop women from having children by pointing out all of the negatives of having them. While I think that some women should wait to have children based on various reasons, it honestly is up to women in the end. As of right now, I am a female who is not interested in having children at this time. I am not financially ready to have one and simply do not have the desire at this point. My boyfriend does not want a child either. That may or may not change. There is pressure in society, but I think more people are realizing that there is no set age that women should have children, that it is something each woman decides on her own based on age, financial stability, readiness, career goals, etc... Just because there can be negatives to having and raising a child does not mean there are not positives either.

What Girls Said 5

• Ridiculous. Why would women want to have kids just because everyone else expect them to have one? I would love to have a child one day, I think kids are adorable. We've all been very little and we've all done things that made our moms crazy sometimes, but you're not forever gonna be a child.

• It's really up to the individual... in my family there is a lot of pressure put on me to get married and have kids because I'm 30... my dad thinks it would be a waste for me not to pass my genes down (he thinks I'm smart... but is probably biased)... I can't say I've ever wanted to have children... ever. My mom tells me I'm a selfish person because of that...

• There is a great emphasis on the women's role as a caregiver and to bring children into the world. That's not for me! Imho there are enough children being born, & we aren't trying to keep from being extinct. I don't really want kids, and don't have the patience or time for them :/ some women want babies some don't. Is the societal pressure heavy? Yes. But life is so much easier and more fun when you can spend it all on yourself, friend, and significant other!

• Some women want kids, others don't. I'm not sure what exactly your question is.

• For me I think it's because it's expected of me.
    I really have no deep desire for kids at all

What Guys Said 0