What does 'seeing eachother' mean?

I guess you could say I've been seeing this guy. We go on dates and we've both established we like each other. He stays at my house and gets along with my parents. Last night I asked him what we're doing, he said we're not going out but we're seeing each other.
What do you think 'seeing each other' actually means?

Most Helpful Guy

• These kind of terms are quite artificial, in my opinion. Different people attach different meanings to them. But if you go strictly by the books, then seeing/going out/dating all carry the same meaning. Being in a relationship and loving each other is the next step.

What Guys Said 2

• that usually means, your dating (in its traditional sence) but are not exclusive.

Dating in its traditional sence simply means getting together and doing avtivities to better get to kow eachopther and accertain if the other person is suitable or not to take thing in to a more perminant "exclusive" form of dating.

• It's a nice way of saying "I want to date other people at the same time"... he's a player

What Girls Said 1

• I think he means you guys aren't officially together. Like to him you're not his girlfriend and you should not be mad if he sees other girls.