Why do people get intimidated by me?

I'm VERY smart of my age if I must say so. I realize a lot of people especially guys and older women dislike my intelligence and try to keep me down.

Why is this? Why do people think I'm idiotic and can be swayed?

0|1
0|9

Most Helpful Guy

• they probably feel that way because you're way ahead of the average person at your age on a mental capacity:D you go gurl!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I think they're more intimidated by the fierce raccoon on your sweater.
    Also, if you're under 18, you aren't a 90s kid :p

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I am a 90's kid. Also it may be the raccoon. It sprays lol xD

• If they disagree with your opinions then they're not trying to keep you down. People don't think you're idiotic when they try to sway you, they just think that you're a normal person and they're trying to change your opinion. Truly smart people change their opinions when they realize the merit in a new one. If you stick to your guns that just means that you're dedicated to what you believe.

0|0
    1|0
    • Thanks for the vote down

• Show All
    • I didn't say you were. Also who said I voted you down?

• I was referring to the person who voted me down, not necessarily you but rather that person. But the second response was more of a continuation to my response

• I have to say it is because of two things:

*your age (most adult want teens to "stay in the child lane" socially)
    *you may give off an air of arrogance to others because u are aware of your above average intellectual capacity (I've dealt with this first hand so I know the feeling)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't feel intimidated! :P Old people generally hate that young people are smarter then them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably because you are good looking on top of being really intelligent

1|0
    0|0
    • That isn't me in the profile pic. It's fashion photography. Lol.

• Show All
    • Then I would definitely think that there's something else besides your intelligence that's intimidating people

• Could be.

• Oh, thank God you deactivated your account.

Good riddance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same problem, except I'm also physically stout as well, which I guess is scary to some.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you're still a teenager

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.