Why do people get intimidated by me?

I'm VERY smart of my age if I must say so. I realize a lot of people especially guys and older women dislike my intelligence and try to keep me down.

Why is this? Why do people think I'm idiotic and can be swayed?

Most Helpful Guy

• they probably feel that way because you're way ahead of the average person at your age on a mental capacity:D you go gurl!

What Guys Said 8

• I think they're more intimidated by the fierce raccoon on your sweater.
    Also, if you're under 18, you aren't a 90s kid :p

• Lol I am a 90's kid. Also it may be the raccoon. It sprays lol xD

• If they disagree with your opinions then they're not trying to keep you down. People don't think you're idiotic when they try to sway you, they just think that you're a normal person and they're trying to change your opinion. Truly smart people change their opinions when they realize the merit in a new one. If you stick to your guns that just means that you're dedicated to what you believe.

• Thanks for the vote down

• I didn't say you were. Also who said I voted you down?

• I was referring to the person who voted me down, not necessarily you but rather that person. But the second response was more of a continuation to my response

• I have to say it is because of two things:

*your age (most adult want teens to "stay in the child lane" socially)
    *you may give off an air of arrogance to others because u are aware of your above average intellectual capacity (I've dealt with this first hand so I know the feeling)

• I don't feel intimidated! :P Old people generally hate that young people are smarter then them.

• Probably because you are good looking on top of being really intelligent

• That isn't me in the profile pic. It's fashion photography. Lol.

• Then I would definitely think that there's something else besides your intelligence that's intimidating people

• Could be.

• Oh, thank God you deactivated your account.

Good riddance.

• I have the same problem, except I'm also physically stout as well, which I guess is scary to some.

• Because you're still a teenager

What Girls Said 0