Is it ok for me to just ask this girl to hangout together?

Would it be ok for me to ask this girl for us to just hangout as friends even if she says she needs time to work on herself. We talked/dated for a month til she broke it off because she felt we were rushing into a relationship too quickly. She was just getting out of a rough 4 1/2 year relationship. She said she needs time to work on things so things will be better later on down the road. I see no problem in us just hanging out as friends. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm well I say just let her know that she has you and that you're always willing to listen, cause sometimes when people are going through a tough time, all they want is just someone to listen to their bottled up feelings and emotions. I mean you guys must be somewhat close since you've dated but for now just make it clear to her that you're doing this as a friend and that you're there for her. But you have to understand if she wants her space and needs more time but I'm sure you know that already.

• Oh yeah I know that and I'm respecting her space 100% but I don't get why we can't just hangout as friends at least every once and a while you know?

• Thank you so much :)

• No problem, glad I could be some sort of help :)

What Girls Said 1

• yes, i think that is fine as long as you aren't going to far or pressuring her to rush anything.

• That's the only thing. I don't want her to think I'm pressuring her into anything. I just wanna hangout like friends

• yep. she needs some time away from you for a bit, but she'll come back to you slowly if/when she is ready

• Ok good :)

What Guys Said 0