Would you date someone who isn't your race or colour?

Why or why not? Interracial couples are common these days but some people seem to not like them.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 28

• I would if he is religious. I'm chinese and I'm not physically or mentally attracted to chinese guys but I want to eat chinese food, want to shop at chinese malls, want to watch chinese movies, and want to listen to chinese music so I am kind of conflicted - I don't find chinese guys physically attractive - most of them aren't religious in the way that I want them to be - in fact I have NEVER met a chinese guy who was religious in the way that I want him to be except for one guy - the first chinese guy I ever met after I became a christian but he had 2 dozen girls chasing after him cause his personality was TRULY AMAZING!!! and he looked fine and was smart as hell as well. Religion is more important to me than race and I think that my religion is one of the reasons I'm not attracted to chinese guys. I mean you have chinese churches in every city but I want a pentecostal chinese guy and the pentecostal churches are usually black.

• Yes; I think knocking someone out of your pool because of the amount of pigment in their skin would be like knocking people out because of the amount of pigment in their hair or their eyes. I'm not going to be so picky as to limit my options to that extent. When I'm dating people it's because I want to spend time with them or develop a relationship/future with them. I'm not sure how pigment would affect someone's personality and characteristics. Like I really do not care about the color of peoples skin; obviously some skin tones/shades might be more unconsciously attractive to me than others. For example I dated this guy with this beautiful olive tan, and it was extremely attractive. It's like people can find eye colors attractive. But solely ruling out dating based on the amount of pigment in their skin would be stupid.

• Yes because race isn't important and I find guys from every race attractive so if we have common interest and we're attracted to each other I see why not.

• I live in America - the land of immigrants so why should I care about skin color again?
    And in all honesty, I was always attracted to like creamy skinned guys most of them were of Spanish descent but I love their skin color...

• Yup :D I find a lot of guys attractive. Every ethnicity has something beautiful about them :)

• Yes I will, because I simply don't give a flying fadoodle. There is always going to be some annoying voice screaming self-hate ya da ya da whatever lol All that matters is who you love and who you are happiest with! :)

• Yup almost everyone I've dated is a different race. Right now my girlfriend is Asian and I'm black so yeah.

• Yep. Dated black, hispanic, and white. I'm white.

• Yeah, don't care bout color.

• my boyfriend's white and we're s'cute ;)

well that's what everyones saying

• I am American ( a quarter vietnamese but does that really count?) And I am very attracted to Asian men. I actually find it very hard to look at other races and find them attractive.

• Sure! Even though I look like I'm almost albino, I have ancestry from places like Egypt and Ethiopia.

• Yes I would:) why not? It's always great learning about new cultures. I wouldn't mind it. I like the person for who they are.

• Yeah, why not?

• No i wont.

• I think its about the personality and obviously a bit about the way they look but i would never avoid someone due to their race :)

• Yes I would

• Sure I will.

• why should it matter in anyway? all human

• If he good guy why not !!

• i would cause love is raceless

• Yes, race doesn't matter. What matters is how the person treats me.

• Of course, why wouldn't I?

• Actually, I´m pretty drawn to guys different of my race.

• I have dated outside my race but if you saw me you wouldn't think that I was black. I'm totally ambiguous and the guy that I'm dating right now is racially ambiguous looking like me too and he is mixed with black and we have the same skin and hair color.

• I'm sure like no one on here will agree with me, and that's more than fine. Not gonna win me any popularity contests (and that's why I'm anonymous lol), but no I don't date outside of my race. I don't have a problem with anyone else's preferences. It's not something I'm like totally against or anything for other people. Just for me personally, I'm not attracted to guys of other races

• I would date anyone of any race/color as long as they're hot!!

• I sure would, specially because I'm of mixed heritage myself.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as there is a connection between the two of us certainly, race, color or religion are not factors that add or detract from a persons datability for me.

• Yes! Looks isn't everything. If you meet someone with a fantastic personalilty don't ever let them go!

• I married an ethnically Korean woman.

As for race, I absolutely refuse to date Klingons, Wookies, ETs, Rodians, Romulans, Ewoks, Vulcans, Cylons, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs (especially Orcs!), or any other non human race. The three point five billion women on my world are OK though.

• Can I not have a personal preference? I have to like a certain person or people or anyone because society does to?