Is pulling back sometimes a good idea?

I'm talking to a guy that I really like and things seem to be going ok so far. Things are developing very slowly. We've hung out a few times and he seemed into me. I told him that I like him and he told me that he likes me too. But lately, (the past 2 weeks) I notice that I text him first. I'm starting to think that maybe I text him too much. And maybe I'm being impatient a little because I want him. I don't want to push him away but it feels like maybe I am a little bit. Someone told me that sometimes you might want to show the guy that you like him and you don't want to loose him so you go out your way to show him but if you try too hard to call the guy first, make plans with him first or text him too much it could basically push him away because you aren't creating the space needed for him to court you. I thought about what they said and it made me think. I really like this guy but I don't want to push him away. I'm already feeling like I may be pushing him away a little bit. Should I just pull back some and wait for him to initiate things? And is it true that guys like when girls ignore them?

What Guys Said 2

• First, substitute "a lot" for "a little bit."
    Take his lead. Let him text you first.
    If he doesn't, that tells you something. You'll only alienate him by pursuing him. And manipulation NEVER works.

• So don't pursue him? And only text him if he texts me? Yea, I would never manipulate someone I just thought that maybe I need to back off.

• Do we like games like playing hard to get? Hell no! But if you don't text first all the time, I don't think that's playing games.

What Girls Said 0