What was your first impression of your significant other?

What thoughts ran through your head when you first saw your SO? When you first spoke to them? Was there an instant spark or did it take a while for things to heat up?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... my first impressions was literally, "Ooo, boy!"

And it sounds lame and corny, but I instantly jumped to, "What if we get married?" To be fair, we met on vacation and it's a pretty good story to tell people lol.

When I first spoke to him I was trying to be cool and came off as a major bitch (I was 14, leave me alone lol). But then I got over myself and then he was really interesting. He was brilliant. Above average intelligence and not bad to look at either :p

It was instant attraction. And it hasn't gone away yet.

I'm 21 now and we're still together. Officially it's been 3 years, unofficially it's been since I was 14.

• Haha good thing you didn't scare him off by playing it "cool." I've done this before and it definitely did not turn out well like your story.

• Yeah... good thing. I was being a brat and he was like, "K. I don't have to talk to this girl" and I was like, "Noooo! Don't leave me! Come back here and be my friend!" It's kind of embarrassing to revisit that time in my life lol.

What Girls Said 8

• He was really easy to talk to and not a douche bag like guy I had just went on a date with lol He was just really open, I really felt comfortable with him even though I'd never met him... I'm not explaining this well haha

• " Ohmygod you're soo short!"
    That's what was running through my mind. I thought he was awesome cause he's older brother used to let him drive to school. After freshmen year, he grew in height. No spark for months. I just thought he was awesome.

• I thought he was good looking, and quirky/funny. There was some kind of spark (didn't realise we both had crushes on each other) but we only started dating 5 years later :P

• I thought he seems normal and is fun to talk to but he's older than I wanted but then I got over the age thing. There was some attraction on my part right away but it wasn't smoking hot until the second date when we made out a lot and knew in liked him

• I fell in love with his smile and the way he carried himself. We were apparently both attracted to each other when we first saw each other at work and now we've been together almost a year😄

• I had absolutely no interest in him. I had heard other people talk about how annoying he was and already felt bad for him. I saw him in the hallways and didnf think anything of him. He was pretty nice when I got sat by him in chemistry, but I didn't talk to him often. Now I'm crazy about him. Had you told me that a year ago I would have cried.

• it took a while for things to heat up... after all u gotta get to kno the person... I don't wanna fall in love with a psychopath. lol

• The first thing I physically noticed was him amazingly gorgeous smile. The first personality trait I noticed was his sense of humor. Me and him instantly connected. We had fishing, hunting, and musical interests in common. Always go for common interests. It's easy to start conversation.

What Guys Said 0