Long distance... should I invest time in him?

he lives too far, 3hrs in plane to give you an idea. what can I do? We just started messaging, my friend knows him from when they were in high school. We seem to like each other. Is it worth it to continue talking? He's coming in winter to visit family near me and wants to hang. I also have family where he lives nearby. I'm just scared of the long distance.

• Give it a shot
  • Forget it
  • Definitely go for it
I am not too affectionate so even when I've had a boyfriend 10min away, I would only see them once a week. We are both turning 23, we attend college and work. I think it's a little tough to see where this can lead to but we are getting along so well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ill be honest if you dont think you can handle being apart so long from the person you love dont do it because both of you will get hurt... But if you feel you are strong enough go for it I've been in a 4 year long distance relationship we have ups and downs but we always remember how much weve gone through to be together that at the end of the day we dont care about nothing but each other and you feel like you love each other more than normal couples lol

What Guys Said 4

• I've had over at least 20 or so long distant relationships. They work really well if you're willing to forget the distance for a moment and be there for them even if it's through text message or whatever you use. Honestly, there human too and everyone looking for a relationship. Wants it to be real. Make it real, Skype him daily if possible. If you really and truly love someone that much. You'll forget the downfalls and make it something you'll never forget.

• It takes a lot of willpower but sometimes it's worth it. It will teach you to be patient.

• Home is where your ass is. A destination is just a place and the world is small. Go for it

• Most LDR's, don't work... but, my aunt and uncle have been able to hold a long distance marriage for at least 5 years now... he's moving back eventually butttt they seem to be doing well. It's all about how much you think he's worth. We don't know, we don't know him

What Girls Said 3

• Are you both indefinitely tied down to where you live now?
    If yes, don't do it.

If no... what's the harm?

• It can work. I was in one for a while, and now he's here:)
    It just takes a lot of willpower, and it's hard, and it can wear you down. But if he's worth it, it's so rewarding in the end.

• Go for it, i live 17 hours away from the guy i like :/. You can only try :)