Your opinion on people who do online dating?

So what is your opinion on people who do online dating? When I had a girlfriend, people would always ask me how we met and when I told them "online" they gave me kind of a weird look, this always made me embarrassed to tell people how we met and because of it I haven't tried online dating since.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand how it may feel a little awkward at first as I personally have not had success with online dating, only tried it for a month, but I have a few friends that have great (positive) experiences... Some people have built great relationships from it. Give it another shot - can't hurt, and like the guy before mentioned - it's probably a better way to meet someone than just "hanging out" at a bar or club - especially if that's not your scene...

Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• Many people have dated online before and it's not weird or uncommon. People can find many things weird but you shouldn't care what people think. As long as your happy together it shouldn't matter, just don't go looking for love in a bar :)

• I think they are desperate tbh.

• I guess your right, that's in a sense why I do it. Sure, I'm in college, but its a commuter school, so if I talk to girls in class that's really the only place that I see them which leaves me no opportunity to get to know them better and ask them out. And at work all the girls are a good 5 years older than me, so that wouldn't work out. So, my best/easiest way to meet girls online.

• Lol sometimes I think I should start with this online dating-most guys I talk to online seem really nice, most of the guys I know in real life treat me like sh*t lol. I doubt I'd ever do it though-you can never trust anyone online and my parents would kill me lol. And I would feel embarrassed (sp) about telling people I met him online.

What Guys Said 1

• Give it a little time and I don't think it will be as taboo as it seems to be now. It's a great way to meet people you may not normally meet in your day-to-day life and find compatible matches. I'd say online dating is better than meeting someone at a club.

• I agree. I don't have much of a chance to meet girls in my daily life so that's why I've always found online dating to be a good thing for me.