Why do people get angry if you aren't into interracial dating?

People will ask "do white guys like black girls" for example I give them my honest opinion that I'm really only attracted to white girls. Then I get down voted and called closed minded. Why did you ask the question if you aren't going to accept different answers?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder why people get angry when someone has a preference lol. I think it makes people mad when they can't seem to understand that not dating interracially does not mean racist or only dating interracially is self-hate. I really think people feel that if they can do it then everyone else should hop on board but for me interracial dating is not a trend. It's all about preferences and I don't think you are close-minded for what you are attracted to. I think a closed minded person does not understand why everyone does not have the same preference.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know its a personal choice who we bang. People get mad though if they're excluded I guess or if they date interracially maybe they feel like an outcast if someone puts it down. I guess its not pc and people should be open to fucking whoever lol. I say never say never, but probably not.

• My boyfriend tells me I am a racist when I say I wouldn't date a black guy. I know plenty of white ass friends of mine who lovveee black guys. I am definitely not racist. I'm just like you, only securely attracted to white men. Or your case. Women.

• because they're often afraid that that's what all guys think.

• The only time u won't get downvote is if u mention u r open to all races. Whether u date ur owm race or particular race that is a big no no to many hahaha

• Because black girls could feel offended, even if you think that way you shouldn't say it out loud

• lol at you shouldn't say it out loud.

• He's allowed to say whatever he wants out loud lol no one should have to censor themselves.

• I agree with you both Dcosse and Creole_Flavor, people shouldn't get offended by that but sometimes they do and the asker does mind about what people say so it's smarter to keep your preferences by yourself, he has of course the right to say them out loud but it's more intelligent not to.

• Because they're hurt that you don't like them back... that's why.

• I know that's how * I * felt, when I was dating this white dude (I'm Asian btw) and he was just using me.. and didn't care about me at all... and to make matters worse, I almost got pregnant by him and or sti/std. He was that bad

What Guys Said 3

• I think a lot of those arguments gain traction because people don't articulate very well whether or not they're talking about preference or race-based dating, and it creates a lot of confusion and anger.

Me personally, I'm totally cool with other people having preferences. I'm a very open-minded person and I often say that I don't have a physical type, but even *I* am willing to admit that I have a few of my own preferences too.

Where it gets sticky is when people say they'd never date (insert a race here), simply based on their race and their race alone.

For example, imagine a person that was attracted to a black woman, and fell in love with said black woman, but refused to date her based wholly on the fact that she's black.

That last scenario is no longer preference... it's racism, and I think those behaviors are something that people should care about.

I also accept that some people (true racists) are just ignorant and stupid, and often times there's no point in trying to fix them. But speaking out against it is a good thing, I think.

• Many people want you to have the same opinions they do. I agree with you though. Do what you enjoy and don't pay attention to them.

• They be hating, personal preference nomsayin?