If he's willing to make the whole trip to visit me, what does it mean?

I've been talking to a guy I met on an online dating website, and we started discussing meeting sometime soon. I was letting him know that I won't have a car on campus at school but had a few friends who lived about half way between us and go home on weekends during the school year. Then he more or less said he was willing to drive the whole way (about 3 hours) and pay for his own hotel room so he could hang out with me for a weekend.

I feel like this is a dumb question, but is this a good sign? Does it suggest he's really interested in dating me, or could it mean something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• let's see, i think you've answered your own question.

He's willing to buy a hotel to come see you
    He's driving 3 hours to get there and 3 hours back.

No one does that if they are not interested. The question you should be asking is what are his expectations? I mean most guys would do that too if they think they will get lucky. No way to know his goals for the trip until you actually meet and see what he's like in person, shouldn't be hard to tell after that. Good Luck!

• Yeah, the whole 'getting lucky' thing is what I was wondering about. I didn't know if a guy would actually go through that long of a trip just to get some lol.

• it is a long distance for a casual relationship... everything would have to be planned a lot farther in advance, it's easy to scare some guys away, just like it's not an issue for other guys. Interested to know how it goes, so keep it updated and good luck!

• That's true. Some people are scared of certain things and others aren't phased. The date won't happen for about another month-ish, but it came up in a conversation the other night so I started really thinking about it. And I'll definitely update! :)

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say he's interested. I did this once (13 h) to be stood up by a girl I had already met before. Man, that was a long train ride back. I wasn't looking for sex and just wanted to see her again, but he might be, depends on what kind of guy he is.

• DRIVE 3 HOURS HAHAHA thats such fuckall. It suggests he wants to meet and hangout with you, why could be any number of reasons.

• Yes he's obviously interested but be warned, he'll probably expect sex. As long as that's not a problem for you then you should go for it. If you're not ready to have sex with him just yet then I'd insist on meeting halfway if I were you.

What Girls Said 1

• If he's willing to go through all of that just to see you, then I'm sure he likes you. I do wonder what his expectations are for all of his effort, so you should definitely try and find that out for yourself. Good luck with everything. :)

• Thanks! :) I'll try to remember to keep everyone posted lol.

• You're welcome. Please do if you can!