What's more important, in your opinion?

Specifically what do you think is key in making a relationship start?

• Chemistry (Fast Acting, Instant)
  • Chemistry (Slow Acting, Building Bridges)
  • Personality (The kind of guy you would bring home that day to your parents)
  • Looks (Tom Cruise is ugly compared to you)
  • Beliefs (Religion, Politics, 420, etc.) - GO GREEN!

Most Helpful Girl

• Chemistry.
    Personality is important too, it plays into chemistry anyway.
    Looks do matter, but only to an extent. I don't just want eye candy, that's boring after a while.
    Beliefs, I don't care at all about beliefs.

I would vote A & B, if I could.

What Girls Said 13

• I voted B... Personality, beliefs, and looks all definitely contribute to whether or not there's chemistry, but there have been instances where I've met someone who is both physically attractive and has a good personality but I'm not interested... Can't explain why, but there was just something missing. I've never had instant chemistry with anyone either.

• I would only "build a bridge" with a guy if I felt that it was worth it, only if there were enough other good things about us, and only if I was sure that putting in effort would give back.

I think of dating like paying for a house. The larger the down payment you make, the easier it is to pay the rest off. With men it's like the more you have in common to begin with, the easier it will be to go through hard stuff, or in other words, the "building of bridges."

Am I really insensitive?

• Personality - that's a given, but also chemistry. Instant chemistry. I mean... there's nothing better than that... also you can build on that chemistry a more lasting 'building bridges' type that you're talking about. And then that's perfection.

• personality of course!

• Personality is the on the top of it all. Looks not really important, I've dated a french guy once and he's really handsome but everytime we go out in a restaurant (or wherever), he calls the waitress with slave, stupid, etc etc. And I've dated an italian guy once, he's not really good looking with around 40% body fat, but he treated me good. Chemistry can build over the time

• I vote C because he already would be religious

• Well both chemistry & personality but I choose personality.

• B. It takes time for me.

• Personality, mainly, and beliefs.

• Chemistry, in whatever way.

• Chemistry is the key for me :)

• Personality. Chemistry can be built. But looks are also important.

• For me personality usually trumps all!!
    "GO GREEN" lol :P

What Guys Said 3

• To START a relationship is all looks.

I believe most people judge a book by its cover. You'll never get to know a person's personality, beliefs, or even get chemistry started (slow or fast) if you are completely repulsed by a persons's looks/hygiene.

• Each of them can be a deal breaker or a formula for divorce if missing. (Looks the least probably)
    But then I'm rather picky, rejected more than one for brainy reasons.

• This poll is fake as an Askmen article.