Do girls wear a ring to show they have a boyfriend or 'taken'?

Do they? I know the wedding ring goes on the left ring finger but is there a ring to show that they have a bf or they are 'taken'? If so which finger?

Most Helpful Girl

• some people have promise rings-and engagement rings go on the left ring finger too. so do promise rings.

What Girls Said 5

• No not really but some girls wear promise rings which means they're totally committed to their boyfriend until marriage and that goes on the adding ring finger as well

• Not really. Some do, but some also wear bracelets, t-shirts etc

• In my country, wedding ring is on he right ring finger. As for using another ring, we have engagement ring which is on the left ring finger. See the pattern? Left for engagement, right for a lifetime marriage :)

• Only if engaged, then the left ring finger i think or maybe it's the right one before the wedding, not sure :P

• It really depends but most only do it when engaged or married. Which finger depends on the customs of the location they are in. Like I know in North America it's the left ring finger, while in Germany it's the right one.

What Guys Said 1

• Sometimes i wish that were the case. it would sure make things easier. but nope they usually aren't wearing them