It seems that every single time I'm in a serious relationship within about 4 months I abruptly lose interest?

I no longer want to see someone but no I'd rather not see them. I honestly go from head over heals to completely bored in one day. I'm wondering if this is the aftermath of my parents relationship which consisted of my dad gone most of my childhood for the Air Force and when he was home him and my mother would incessantly argue with on another. I'm currently dating a guy and he is so nice to me but he's like the girl in the relationship. He's overly sensitive and an overall "little bitch". I no longer like being around him and make up excuses as to why I can't see him. Is it normal to be like this (it's happened for my last three relationships) or am I just fucked up?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's likely one of 3 things.

1. You settle for less when it comes to guys when what you really want is someone more independent and assertive.

2. You have poor judgement when it comes to guys and they were little bitches all along.

3. You have a need for detachment (you're fucked up and this mind fucks your men). That's why they seem like little bitches.

What Guys Said 5

• You're not fucked up. It's normal for the honeymoon stage to be head over heels. Try finding yourself... Know what you really want in a relationship. Once you know this... Keep doing what you are already doing. It's called dating for a reason... Be sure to build the relationship outside of the bedroom. If that is strong everything else will come naturally.

• Your behavior would imply that either you weren't really looking for something serious or these men that you dated were simply not that appealing when the dust settled.

I'm somewhat like you too. I dated a girl who I found somewhat attractive. It felt nice being with her for awhile and then I just wanted to leave. Her personality was way too fucking whiny and sensitive for me. She made a big deal out of every small thing. I lost interest and wanted to break up. While that was a dick move, it was better than me staying in an unhappy relationship.

• Just date then. If you see several different men on a regular basis you won't get bored as easily. You're just not ending up with the right type if guy.

• First part sounds like you'd need to see a therapist or something if you wanna get that deep.

Shit dies down the longer the relationship goes along, it sounds like you know why you don't like him so not that odd. I used to play games with two guys in French Canada, the overly sensitive behaviour was really annoying.

• It's normal to sort of lose interest after a few months. What's not normal is to just ditch your partner so you can relive the honeymoon phase of dating with someone else. You're what we call a serial relationship whore. You think you're a good girl because you only have sex with your boyfriends. But after you've had about 30 boyfriends because you don't want to settle down, you're basically about as good as a young prostitute.

What Girls Said 0