Do I have to be skinny and / or pretty to get a guy?

I just started school again and I just want to know if guys would rather have a girl who's sorta pretty and sorta skinny or like model skinny and pretty. I'm sorta skinny but not like fat, somewhere inbetween but more towards skinny

I feel like it just seems like guys want girls who are pretty and skinny or are a cheerleader stuff like that but how would I know , I've only had like two boyfriends 😹

• yesss
  • no
  • depends / sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, no you don't. It's not wrong to be any of these things and god knows you're not ugly nor is anyone. Having a reason to move forward with you're life and truly put you're foot down so you're heart doesn't have to feel so messed up anymore is what you need to do. This isn't much of a "How do i change me to get over this slump" type of situation you're facing. It's rather more based on "How do I tell myself and believe myself that he isn't the end of my life and there are going to be better people". While i said it depends, some people may feel that need to look better to reassure themselves that they can find someone new and that that person will in fact love them for all there worth. Don't ever give into that lame idea people fool themselves into, you're body brings some happiness that you can really enjoy, but it won't bring you're heart anymore piece than you yourself can by self acceptance of just how amazing you are. Even if you don't feel that way, that's a plain truth all humans have to face, even the worst of people. Have amazing things about them.

What Guys Said 7

• nahh you just have to be yourself:)

• If that were the case humanity would have gone extinct by now. No, you should generally expect to end up with someone who is of the same physical build as you. This is mostly a reflection of lifestyle similarities, however attraction is a part of this too. I'm not saying the contrary doesn't happen, it's just a minority.

• Sure every guy wants a girl that looks like a model, but only the guys who look like models will get them. An ordinary looking guy will just settle for an ordinary girl like you, but he will always be looking at the hotter girls even when he is with you and always be trying for better.

• No, you need personality, as long as you don't look like a troll ( which you don't ) you should be fine

• No, a lot of guys still don't know about foreign brides.

• Looks is what attracts guys but personality is what pulls them in

• Obviously the higher you aim the more you have to be able to offer.

But if you're reasonably open minded about who you date, no you dont have to be skinny or pretty

What Girls Said 9

• I believe anyone can get a guy or girl, if they go for people who are available to them. Sometimes people will have too high of expectations, & not realize they are not perfect themselves. Other times, someone might be a 3, but will except nothing less than 8 or up. If people are willing to go for others like themselves, they will be able to find a companion, it's just about being realistic. So yes, you can get a boyfriend if you are not considered pretty or skinny by society's standards. I should also mention everyone has their own taste, & there are some people who are attracted to bigger people. I'll also throw in that most men are more realistic than women give them credit for, & don't expect women to be perfect like the models you see in magazines. Most of the pressure put on women to be beautiful & perfect is from people trying to make money of you (plastic surgeons, beauty industry) & other women.

• Guys prefer girls who look healthy. Super skinny or really fat are usually not found to be attractive, the in between girls are usually the prettier ones that get boyfriends.

• Hey if that's you in the pic then you'll have no problems getting a bf. But remember not to focus too much on love while still in school, put more focus into studies. Other than that I'd say you'll get a bf no problem. Also, if you want a bf then remember to walk with confidence (NOT arrogance) because from my experience, guys love when girls are confident. Good luck 😜

• well youve had 2 more boyfriends than me! haha i just say be yourself, you dont need to change just to try to get a boyfriend. and didn't you say you were a freshman in your other question? there are far more important things than having a boyfriend.. they just cause trouble especially since high school guys are idiots

• yeah classes are more important but I don't know I want to feel loved by someone

• yeah i understand that, and it feels nice when you are but that shouldn't be your main focus. itll happen when its meant to. like they say, love finds you when you're least expecting it. and i can vouch for that!

• No, you do not need to be skinny to get a guy. A guy will like you the way you are, sure there are guys who have preferences to curvy girls, fit girls, slim girls and in between but don't change yourself for a guy. If you do, do it for you for your benefit the healthy and smart way.

• there are chubby guys who want un skinny girls but no guy wants somebody who is ugly

• well it helps that's for sure and if you have a bad personality than being pretty hepls too :pbut if you have a great personality it should not matter ( but for most people it does ) :D or that's the way i see it ;)

• Just be fit and healthy according to your BMI. Don't try to be or look like anyone else other than who you are. Besides, you want to attract those who care more about you as a person; not just your appearance!

• what's BMI?

• is 138 healthy? that just seems unhealthy for me cause I'll see these people on tv and they're they same weight but a lot smaller

• Sure, that seems healthy. I myself am 165 lbs (muscle), but I am tall, so I am tone. And, please never compare yourself, especially not to actors, models, etc. This is the worst thing u can do for ur self-esteem!

• if that is your real self in the pic as i suspect you should b fine with getting a guy i just technically got my first guy atm so good luck and you should b fine cause you are pretty

• really? I don't think I'm that pretty and skinny and stuff like that, and thanks

• true matrix but guys do put more stick in looks than personality cause i have been called evry name in the book to my face by a lot of guys

• I think there are a couple of mean guys that give other guys a bad name/rep. I used to get bullied by a couple of guys in school, but I realized that they were the minority, & that the rest of the men didn't bother or say anything. I think we often only hear & see the negative, & that can dilute the truth. I think most men are realistic & realize we do not all look like Taylor Swift. But there will always be some male jerks who ruin it for everyone else by trying to make women feel bad just because we don't meet "their" ideal of what is beautiful.