Shy girl gone cold on me? Urgent?

Shy girl at school was showing signs of interest (body langauge and stuff) but now she's not doing the stuff she used to before. I've tried getting her number over Facebook which i think fucked me up. Formal's tomorrow night and she's going with a guy from school (the only guy who had the balls to ask her) i don't know if he'll ask her out though. I'm not great at approaching people and stuff so what should i do to get myself back in the game and in her head? what do you all think of the situation and what happened?

Most Helpful Girl

• Shy girls play hot and cold cause they're not sure how they come across she may be trying not to seem desperate so she backed off, you need to just talk to her and ask her out

What Girls Said 1

• I'm shy too... if you don't make a move, you are going to lose her...

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe someone else picked up on the signs and acted before you. Maybe she prefers a guy to talk to her in person. If you would like to be alone just ask her if she would be willing to talk some place private. I could say a hundred possibilities. The fact of the matter is that you are losing your chance with her and you need to act. I apologize if I sound a bit rude but you really need to grow a pair if you don't want to lose your chance with this girl.