Guys--If you're too intimidated to approach a girl, what would you want the girl to do?

Do you want her to directly go up to you and ask you out? OR have her send more signals? And be SPECIFIC about the signals--smiling? touching your arm? hugging you? like lol I don't know what guys want. Not something sexual because that would be inappropriate. Do you want her to walk up to you and talk to you more/a lot?
Dating

Most Helpful Guy

• YES!! I want her to walk up to me and let me know out right. I want her to be forward. I've recently saw 2 girls from high school at a bar. Not together but individually. It's been a few years and we were talking. Each one told me they had a huge crush on me at high school. I was dumbfounded. I was totally oblivious to that. And worse is, I would have loved to date either one if I only knew. I thought both were beautiful and I used to wish either one liked me back then but never thought enough of myself that they would even look at me. So we missed out on the good times we could have had. So don't hold back if there is a guy you like, chances are he probably feels the same about you and if not, so what, nothing ventured , nothing gained.

What Guys Said 8

• If the guy is too intimidated or shy, then you should be the one to initiate a date, ask them out for a drink or something. I'd appreciate that if a girl did that for me though. Some guys may not feel the same, but if you don't try, you will never know. I for one have no qualms in asking a girl out now, considering I used to be pretty shy.

• There is no right answer. What will work for one guy might just annoy another. Signals are at best confusing because they're not universal. Physical contact could work but can just come across as awkward and/or inappropriate. Talking to him is the safest bet but if it comes across as frivolous it just looks like your fishing which for some guys is annoying.

• Guys do not take hints well, so the best thing is for the girl to be fairly specific.
    She could directly ask him out, or suggest an activity that both might enjoy.
    EX:I would like to see ( ) movie, would you like to?

• Just ask them out directly. I hate when women play these games and try to get us to chase them. I'm never chasing a woman again, and a lot of other men don't feel like it either. Too much trouble, never worth the effort. It's like spending thousands of dollars to try an adopt an autistic kid with diabetes, and then realizing how much responsibility the kid is, and regretting the effort you put into adopting them in the first place.

• I would want to find out by the girls friend that she likes me and then I would have the full confidence to ask her. Most guys like to think they did it with out help so don't say it yourself so get a friend to tell him as a "secrete"

• ^I thought guys hated that?

• I want her to directly go up to me and start a conversation. And touching my arm, I think it sends a clear signal. I love girls that talk to me.

• smile genuinely. say hi. even if across room can mouth word 'hi'. would distill nerves a bit :) not enough girls smile. so much frowning.

• I'd recommend starting conversations and laughing at what he says.

What Girls Said 0