Thoughts on dating my friend's sister?

I'm really really into this girl. She's 16 and I'm 17 but the only problem is she's my friend's sister. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you can still date her, if your friends cool with it. One of my friends is dating another one's sister now, and its fine. Like, atthe beginning it was a little tough between the two of them but now they even go on double dates and stuff like that ^^

What Girls Said 3

• My brother dated some of my friends in high school, and after the inevitable break ups we had to stop being friends for a while.

So make sure you don't value your friendship all that much.

• Maybe you could ask your friend if they would be okay with you dating her sister? I would be uncomfortable if one of my friends were to date my brother, but that may be because they've always been separate parts of my life. Also, I'd hate if they were to break up and then there was animosity between them. Definitely do not tell your friend about your sex life with his sister if you do end up dating. It would not end up well.

• I'm debating whether or not to ask out the brother of my friend. I asked her about it and she said (via text) that she "doesn't want to get caught in the middle of it" and that "I'm not trying to stop you". This makes me feel awkward - do you think it sounds like she's not okay with it? What other concerns do you think she might have?

• Sounds like she feels the same way I do about it. She may not want to upset you by outright saying that she doesn't want you to date her brother, but ultimately it's yours and the brother's decision to date that truly matters.

• Bad idea - if it doesn't work out - you lose a friend

What Guys Said 1

• If you're cool with the idea of losing the friendship with him, go for it.