My dad doesn't like him, either does my mom. but I love him. help!!!

this guy is 2 years older than me. I truly love him. he leaves for basic on July 21st and comes home November 6th. since he will be a ranger in the army he will have a 9 month deployment in combat zone. I don't know whether or not to stay with him. my parents don't want me to but I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• You really love each other, than go for it. Don't let anyone else get in the way of your relationship. Its not up your parents who you date? They must learn to let you go, and let you live your own life, and your own mistakes.

But dating a military guy is tough, not seeing him for months or weeks at a time. If you can handle it, then stay wit h him, If you think you can't, then end the relationship now and save yourselves both in the long run?

Thats the ultimate decision you must make? and not whether your parents like him or not? You must makes you happy, your parents are not the ones dating him.

• But if your under 18, which I didn't see, Then I am afraid, you will have to listen your parents. Once you leave home, and earning your own money, then you can date as you please.

What Guys Said 4

• go with your gut on this one. but how do you think he feels about you?

• You're asking for a tough life getting involved with a military guy. You won't listen to your parents or any of us if we tell you it won't work out. You'll need to find that out on your own.

• I know I am but I love him. I want to be with him. I just want other peoples opinion. its hard to listen to your parents in this type of situation.

• But they're usually right. Since they see the guy, but aren't "in love" with him.

• Don't you mean he has already left for basic or the date is wrong. If the way you worded it is right it means he doesn't leave for about a year. Being ith someone in the military means long periods without physically seeing each other in person. If you think you can go long periods without holding each other, doing things together etc then go for it

• Typical rebellious teenage girl...

What Girls Said 1

• What's your parents reason/ reasons? They must have some

• my parents don't really like him. my mom has trouble forgiving and forgetting. my dad is just a typical day who don't want guys around his daughter I think.