What should I know about dating a man who was battered in a former relationship?

The man I have begun dating was in a long-term relationship with a woman who abused him physically and emotionally. It ended only a year and a half ago. What should I be cautious of, what might trigger him? Might he have issues with trust? What other issues? How can I help him to feel safe with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that really varies from victim to victim. Maybe he wants to talk about it. Maybe he doesn't.

• My mom abused me when I was a kid. And I'm more of the open up when I'm ready type

• I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thanks for answering.

What Guys Said 1

• Well I've been mistreated by women, and I'm just one big ball of hatred. Hopefully he coped better than I did.

What Girls Said 1

• he's probably very fragile and the more you get to know him the less manly hell seem and you'll start to be disgusted by him.