How to let him know I'm seeing someone else?

I have hung out with this guy a few times. We've made out but nothing more. Just recently I started seeing someone else. I am not the kind of girl who will see other people if I am interested in one person. I still like the other guy as a friend and we are supposed to hang out tomorrow, but I don't want anything more. How do I tell him? My guy friend said just give him subtle hints now and then and if he tries anything to tell him straight up. I don't want to come across as conceited and like I assume he wants to get in my pants. Suggestions?

I think I'm going to just leave it. Because when I asked if he had any ideas of what we could do he said no. So I said lets go to my friends place for a roast and drinks. He then said he wasn't sure about that cause he was going to see...
what his friend was doing first. So I take that as he only wants to hang out with me if we're hooking up and not to actually hang out with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd tell him before you even hang out. Just say something like "hey before we hang out you should know I've started to see some one and I just want to be friends" that way he knows what's up. If he says he doesn't wanna hangout then, then you know he just sees you as a romantic option and not a friendly one

What Guys Said 2

• If you're just hanging out and he hasn't asked you out then there's nothing to tell him. Just stop him when he tries to kiss you.

• Why can't u tell him straight up? Eitherway is gonna be hurtful but its better to act sooner than later.

What Girls Said 1

• You should tell him - bring up dating and then say oh by the way I am dating a guy now