What should you do when a girl brings up her ex?

I've started talking to this girl but she recently started bringing up her ex and of course gets awkward what to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• What kinds of things is she saying and in what context? If she's just complaining about what a jerk he was, then it's easy to dismiss it all. If she keeps bringing him up, talking about good times and things they did together, that would actually annoy me more because I wouldn't feel like there was any closure.

If she seems to linger in memories, just tell her you're not comfortable with hearing about it, and that you don't think she would like it if you began to do this. Or tell her you'll let her vent and get it all off her chest so she doesn't have to bring him up any more and hope that will be the end of it. If he's an ass, you can tell her that the more she focuses on the bad in him, the less she is focusing on the good in you.

What Girls Said 2

• If you are uncomfortable with it, let her know

• Laugh really loud and say "good thing you dumped him/her" or "exs right?" In a sarcastic passive aggressive voice and if they don't get to stop then there is obviously something wrong

What Guys Said 3

• Say something like this, "______, I really dig talkin' to you, but can we not dig up our pasts? It's just that that was then and this is now. Right now I'm with you. And all I wanna be is right here, right now, with you. In this moment."

• that sounds gay

• You sound young and immature. Okay, now that we've got ignorance and prejudice outta that way maybe we can move on. You realize he's talking to a girl and not a bro right.

• agree that he was a wanker and say something like "forget him, all that matters now is you... and me... and then kiss her"

• Shut her down G