What do most guys look for in a girl?

I'm ready to meet a guy I can have fun with and joke around and just enjoy their company, BUT I have no clue what guys like. Anything helps!

Most Helpful Guy

• Answers will vary, as we teachers like to say.

Here goes. First of all, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that physical appearance is important. In a perfect world, in heaven, in Candyland, perhaps looks don't matter. On planet earth, alas, they do. I am the first to admit this is not fair, but I'm darned if I know how to end it. Now the good news. If that's you in the picture, you needn't worry about that.

BE INTERESTING. Now, usually the most interesting people are passionate about many things. Notice I didn't say passionate about *something*. People who are passionate about one thing are often not particularly interesting. Cultivate intelligence, competence, and interests in several things. Try and meet guys who are passionate about similar things. I've grown increasingly skeptical of the idea that opposites attract. Often times they don't. Be friendly and open. That smile you are flashing (assuming that's you) is quite a weapon in your arsenal. Use it. It makes you look friendly and open to people. Be polite. You can be polite and assertive, if that's your game, but be polite. Understand some men are pigs, but don't go down the path of thinking all men are pigs. They're human, with strengths and weaknesses. Does Princess Jasmine exist? No. So don't think Prince Charming does either (or Edward Cullen... or that shirtless werewolf). Be sure you pick a man who respects your boundaries and take that very seriously. At the same time, don't toss him out if he flubs his lines on the first date.

• Thank you so much! And that is me in the picture hahahah! :-)

• You are welcome, and thank you for MH. Now go out there and flash that 1.5 megaton nuclear smile at Sir Awesome and see what happens.

What Guys Said 4

• - Be at least somewhat outgoing - introduce yourself to his friends/family if you meet them, be enthusiastically friendly, etc.

- Be slow and difficult to offend. Some girls are always LOOKING for something to be offended by, so they can bitch and whine. That is off-putting and tiring, and no guy wants to be around that for long. Yes, guys are sometimes crude or rude or sexual or insensitive, but they usually aren't trying to offend, and around other guys, this is often simply a short-hand language that guys have with each other. Don't let it bother you unless it's really over the line, and you'll be respected and your company will be welcome around guys.

- Be enthusiastic about his company, but don't be too needy or demanding of his time or attention. Instead, show appreciation when he DOES give you his time and attention (and money, if he's paying for things), which is POSITIVE reinforcement and much more likely to get you more of it. Whining that you don't get enough is negative, and will make him less likely to want to spend time with you.

- Make sure he has enough time/space for himself. It's natural for you to want to spend every minute with him, especially at first, but almost all guys will need some time for themselves to get things done or just to be able to relax and rest. If you take up all of his free time, or make him feel pressured to give all of it to you, he'll resent you for it. He also needs time with his friends and such too, sometimes with you along, and sometimes not. So be sure to have some girl friends of your own that you can spend time with while he is doing his own thing.

- Most guys aren't interested in relationship gossip, so save that stuff for your girlfriends. If it's not your immediate family, or a HUGE family crisis, or something that directly affects you, then don't waste his time with it.

Bottom line: be fun and easy to be around, and guys will want your company.

• My specifications: aesthetically attractive but not fussy about it, light enough that I can carry, capable and willing to keep up with me, competent in some kind of craftsmanship or trade, commands my respect, is patient and deliberate.

This is long-game, though. In brief, someone who's opinion is forward and measured enough that I would trust them behave maturely in preventing and resolving conflicts, and who could work collaborative projects with me in fields of shared interest because sexual attraction alone will not hold interest.

• Every guy likes different things.
    I personally like intelligence, sense of humor, good taste in music, talent (plays guitar, sings) and other things in common with me.

Regardless, you shouldn't change for a guy. Be yourself and you'll find a guy who likes you for you. And since he likes you, you'll probably like him even more according to your bio ;p

• kind cute girls

What Girls Said 1

• Someones whose young, healthy, & feminine.