This guy late on 1st date, should I forgive him?

I met this guy from Tinder. We have so many fave things in common. I'm a fit girl with tats, and a fitness freak so is he. He's my type bald head, beards, muscular and tats. We exchanged WA number. Everything seems so perfect but then he was late at our 1st date, he made me wait for 1 hour, I called him but he didn't pick up the phone. Finally he text me back after 2 hours and said he just woke up but he didn't apologized. He uploaded some 'kinda-apologizing' pics on IG. And then he said sorry at 11pm. I was so mad, I never text back after he made me waiting like an idiot. But now I feel even more idiot, because im kinda miss him, what should i do? should i start to text him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that being late is something that can be overlooked so long as it's not happening often, and he makes a genuine attempt to make it up to you and apologizes for it.

In this case, it doesn't sound like he was only late, but it sounds like he just didn't care that much. Missing a date because he was sleeping, and not apologizing for it? That's a douche move.

There's lots of bald, bearded, tatted muscly guys out there that won't disrespect you like this. Lose this guy's number and go out with one of them instead.

What Guys Said 5

• For me, if I have a date with a girl I'm damn sure not gonna be late unless it's an emergency. If I needed to take a nap then I'm setting multiple alarms and I'm making them loud. If he didn't even really apologize to you at the time that's kinda a dick thing to do. I personally wouldn't gice another chance but if you do, if he pulls anything like that again, gotta cut him off

• I know right.. late on 1st date, I guess its a bad sign. And why he waited until 11 pm to apologize.. i dont understand guys -_-

• He's just an asshole. Some of us actually care

• Ok its a dick move to leave you waiting like that but i also have experienced missing something important because i slept too late. I'm sure its happened to everyone at one point or another. So its really up to you, he's only human but he could also actually be a dick, like, for real, not just an accident so if he does it again definitely don't text him back. 2nd chances are sometimes worth it but 3rd chances are always wasted.

• Just when I think I'm starting to understand women I read a post like this... Oh well back to the drawing board

• why? i'm a simple girl. If only he didn't wait until 11 pm just to say sorry, i'd forgive him right away.

• That's the reason why. If he saw your first date as being important enough he wouldn't have overslept and kept you waiting for two hours. The fact that he waited to even apologize just makes it worse. Yet you are willing to give him another shot without him having earned it at all? My advice is find someone who at least cares enough to show up.

• Thats exactly what I'm doing now. Move on. I know a saying: love is like a fart, if you have to force it, it probably shit XD

• I'd give him a 2nd chance but make sure he understands that everything should be perfect then in order for you to consider him.

• nah.. its too late. I will never give him 2nd chance lol

• Alrighy then. Just so you know, I rarely saw the GAG community advising to give sb. a 2nd chance. They kind of have the dream of "perfection". :)

• Jamais 2 sans 3... give him chance lol

What Girls Said 3

• He made you wait an hour because he was too busy 'sleeping' then he didn't even apologize about it right after, but decided to do it a few hours later? Lol girl, you're better than that. He sounds like a complete douche to me, i'm sorry haha. Because girl, if he really did care he'd probably be there at the date before you would even be. Personally i wouldn't give him a second chance.

• I personally wouldn't give him another chance... 15 mins late might have been okay if there was an emergency or bad traffic or something, but 2 hours without any contact is absolutely not acceptable!! Up to you though in the end.. I wouldn't let him get off easily though.

• I guess I have to agree with you. I'll go find distraction then :))))

• i dont find him sincere in being your friend, if he is really sincere he would make sure he is there on time.
    i feel that there isn't a need to text him anymore