Who has it easier, shy women or shy men?

I've seen several questions on GAG regarding if ugly men or ugly women have it more difficult, so I thought I'd shoot off a variant of that. Who has it easier in dating (and probably in life, too), shy women or shy men?

• Shy men have it easier
  • Shy women have it easier
  • About equal

Most Helpful Girl

• Shy women have it easier, because in general guys are expected to approach a girl, so a shy guy would have a harder time getting a girlfriend, unless he approaches or if the girl he likes is very outgoing and takes initiative. But at the same time, most of the shy women I know, including me, also are a bit insecure so that makes it harder to think you'd have a chance with a certain guy you like.

• Thank you for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

What Girls Said 8

• None of them. People can you please express yourself more openly? Trying to be mind reader is a very difficult thing you know.

If i really have to choose then shy women. Because then, men have to approach in that case. Well it is more common and expected at least.

• Definitely have to go with a shy woman. More often than ever will you see a man approach a woman than a woman approach a man. A shy guy is more likely to stay single forever if he doesn't take the steps of initiation, which sucks, but it's the truth.

• Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• I would have to say shy women. A woman is more likely to get approached by a persistent man than a man getting approached by a persistent woman.

• Thanks for sounding off and don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• Shy women have it easier, as women are in traditional dating game supposed to be chased and passive, while guys are doing the chasing.

• Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• I think shy women have it easier because guys usually ask hit on girls more than girls hit on guys. A guy can set eyes on a girl as soon as she walks through the door and decide he wants to date/fuck her and persistently persue her but i think girls only hint if they r interested. I accidenly voted guys have it easier on the poll

• Tsk. Tsk. You'll have to stay after class! ;-D
      Thanks for sounding off and voting.

• Shy girls. Girls tend to have this mindset that guys must be the one that approach the girl (Eventhough I don't truly agree ) , so the shy guys kinda get it tougher.

• Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to vote if you haven't

• Its equal. As a shy girl that has never been on a date of any kind, I definitely don't have it better than any shy guy I know. My cousin is the shyest person I know but he managed to get a girlfriend. Its really hard being a shy girl because girls are expected to be social creatures.

• I see. Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• @Keyspirits I already voted C. B isn't the truth.

• C'merevand ill show u what real luv is. Lemme teach u how different we really are. I'd take u home anyday if u juz..

• Shy women , It's up to men to carry the conversation. Than we will see your charm.

• Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't already.

What Guys Said 8

• Women and it's not even close. Men approach 95% of the time so if a guy is shy he will never get the girl.

• Thanks for sharing and don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• Shy women of course! chances are no woman is going to approach shy guy. He's doomed to live a lonely life =(

• Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote.

Of course the shy guy could always change his behavior. It's OK to feel shy, but one doesn't always need to act on feelings. One can even act against feelings if it serves a good purpose.

• Unless he's attractive :)

• Clearly shy women. Women get approached, not men. So if you're a shy guy you have double the odds against you.

• Even if you are shy, if you want progress then someone has to ask out the other. As such, I voted about equal.

• Without any doubt , women have it easier.

• girls have it way easier because guys usually have to make the first move:/

• Shy women for sure considering most women don't like shy men, while most men love shy women.

• well im fucked

• Or not, as the case may be. It's not too late for you to change that, though. You are still young.

• I feel that there is someone out there for everyone so I don't want to try to be someone that I'm not If it's meant to be it's meant to be if not she's not the right one. by the way I voted :D

• You don't need to be someone else, but there is a chance you will need to make a move. Especially if the girl is shy AND oblivious.