Is this narrow minded?: the idea of casual sex makes me very uncomfortable?

When you cut away all the stuff about number of partners, self-respect and such, STDs, the likeliness to cheat, the fact remains-- imagining an act of casual sex makes me very uncomfortable.

Does this make me narrow minded?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see that in spite of your clarity that this is NOT about physical risks, a good number of posters have included just that. I could care less.

I'm with you, and i'll add that in my day i had a bit of 'casual sex'. Not knowing anything about these women, i'll extend into the vernacular and say it was like fucking a piece of cardboard.

Whether 'narrow minded' or not, it would seem that for you you are on the right track.

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all. Being aware of the various consequences that can result from casual sex is only but realistic. I'm the same exact way. I only would feel comfortable having sex with a man I knew I can trust to the fullest and we were on to something serious. Casual flings are just not my thing. But, I don't have a problem with other people doing it, it's just more of a risk factor you put your life in when you don't take the right precaution to avoid any mishaps. Keep doing your thing, don't change or question yourself because it doesn't fit into the "ordinary"..

• You are completely entitled to live your life how you want and choose your own values. It would be narrow minded to want and expect everyone else to do the same.

• Not at all. Makes you smarter than a lot of people. I feel the same way.

What Guys Said 3

• Casual sex doesn't have to be worrisome. I lost my virginity through casual sex and km pretty happy. I knew the girl was clean she showed me her STD test. I don't care if she's promiscuous or not because I didn't intend to date her. We had a fun time and good sex. I asked her if she wanted to meet up for an encore and we did it again. After thatx we kissed goodbye and went our separate ways. No feelings besides people who enjoy their company sexually.

• Everyone has their own sexual identity. If that is yours, then it is fine.

• I personally am also uncomfortable with casual sex. While the thought of meeting up and having sex with someone all the time is a turn-on, the idea that they literally do not care for me or feel any commitment to me, and just use my body for their pleasure is a turn-off and makes me feel shitty and cheap. I don't judge other people's lifestyles I just personally would be depressed if I lived that way.